Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

I have a four-camera Arlo pro system it has been working fine several months ...

All of a sudden earlier today all of the cameras started generating a high rate of false audio alarms.

I don't quite understand it....

I'm wondering if new firmware / software was recently pushed?

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks,

Jim

70 REPLIES 70
henrymcleodiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering for further investigation. I will post back with an update when I have more information.

JamesC

henrymcleodiii
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James.
henrymcleodiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

A "higher level" of support was supposed to call me today, but they did not. I called an was told my case had not reached that level.

Today, I left for one hour and during that time had 59 emails indicating false audio trips. The support person asked me to send all of those videos to Netgear. She added that they may replace my "system." They already replaced a camera which arrived dead, but I had to pay the shipping cost both ways, even though still under Warranty. I will not pay for shipping back more of their faulty equipment. 

I have two days to return the system to Amazon so I am under the gun. Since this problem won't be solved in two days, I am packing it up now.

anticlimadox
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the status of this issue?  I can confirm that since yesterday (4/6/2017) all Arlo Pro cameras in my home that are set to detect audio are repeatedly giving false alerts as soon as the system is armed. The only camera not doing this is set only to detect motion.  Powering down the base station has no effect.  Creating a motion-only mode makes the system functional but not 100% as advertised.  The 4 camera system I bought has functioned flawlessly until yesterday.  Please advise.

Thank you.

henrymcleodiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I returned my system (two cameras) which had the issue; although it just started a week or so ago. Amazon is sending a replacement. It arrives today. If it/they have the same issue, they will go back and I will move on to another company.

My experience with Netgear support regarding this problem has been abysmal. 

ravenlp
Star
Star

Try lowering the audio detection setting from 3 to 2. This did the trick for me. Constant audio notifcations stopped and it does seem to be picking up audio for triggers as expected. That said, I still expect netgear to investigate as there is clearly still an issue. But, in the interim, hopefully this will help fix your cameras as well.

anticlimadox
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried setting it to 5 (I assumed this was the direction to go to pick up less audio?).  

That just made it go nuts with alerts.  I will try the other way and set it to 2.

I just don't get why out of the blue it has issues if not a firmware issue.  Zero changes were made on my end.  Same locations, have not removed or added cameras, no battery changes, nothing.

Frustrating. 

MarcoLam
Tutor
Tutor
Hard reset the system, recharge the camera batteries, reduce the sensitivity, all tried but vain. Frustration!
I believe it is a firmware issue as it worked well before .
henrymcleodiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tech Su[pport acts clueless, but theymust be aware due to the complaints bother here and through phone calls and chats. I sent them the link to this Community Discussion, but they never responded.

As stated in another post, I returned my system yesterday.

rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

How do we get some freaking "visability" from high-level Tech-Support on this issue ...

It appears it is neither isolated, nor caused by user-error.

A guy named Mark Merrill is the Chief Technology Officer at Netgear ... 

Maybe he could help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The higher the number, the more sensitive the detection will be for both audio and video.
MarcoLam
Tutor
Tutor
I turned audio off and hard reset the base station, still having 710 & 989 false audio alerts in my 7 hours schedule alarm! This happened to 2 cameras out of 5 cameras in my Arlo Pro syatem. I have another older Arlo system having 4 cameras which are all working fine. Arlo shall investigate this issue without delay!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define "hard reset".  A power cycle is not a reset, which is accomplished by using the reset button.  That forces you to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and starting fresh, as if new.

rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

I posted this **proposed** sequence a page or so back in this thread,

but don't think I ever got any confirmation from a netgear tech. as to wether is was the correct procedure ...

but I think it is the "hardest" reset that we as end-users can do:

1) Using the app. delete/deregister all cameras from the base station

2) Remove the batteries from all cameras

3) RESET the base station using the small yellow button on the back.

We don't want to simply a reboot we want to RESET.

With power applied to the basestation:

Push in the yellow button with straightened paper clip and HOLD it firmly depressed for 10+ seconds, then release the button.

4) Allow basestation to come back on-line this will take up to several minutes

5) reinsert batteries in all cameras and re-pair them one at a time with the basestation following the standard pairing procedure.

"Try it now"

Jim

anticlimadox
Aspirant
Aspirant

Setting all the cameras to level 2 audio seems to have done the trick for me (another user suggested).

My bigger concern though is the lack of input from anyone at Netgear on this because there was obviously a change made, all my cameras didnt just suddenly decide to be more sensitive to the slightest audio.

Matt1234
Initiate
Initiate

I had one start flaking out with the Audio this morning. It goes off every minute and is a constant state of audio detection. I turned it's sensitivity all the way down. That didn't help so I actually remotely turned the camera off. That also didn't help! It kept on recording and posting videos. IMO, it should never, ever be recording when you've turned the camera off.

I was forced to click the remove device button to un link it from the base station.

I have noticed that since a recent update that audio seemed to be more sensitive but this is something completely different. It's useless at the moment since I unlinked it. I'll have to keep messing with it when I'm back at the locaiton later this afternoon. Lame!!

henrymcleodiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, Netgear is unresponsive. I've called, chatted online, and sent Support a link to our complaints on this Community Forum. Still nothing from anyone in Support.Smiley Sad

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The root cause of this issue has been identified by the engineering team. A fix will be made available soon. I will post an update when I have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience during this process.

JamesC

Dinmi
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is good news JamesC, thanks for sharing this info.

Can't wait for at least one problem being fixed. This one and de Offline issue are causing real frustration. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update for Arlo Pro has been released resolving this issue. Please make sure your cameras are up to date with the latest firmware. See here for more information: Release Notes – Arlo Pro Camera 1.092.0.3.12290 – 9th May 2017

JamesC