Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

I have a four-camera Arlo pro system it has been working fine several months ...

All of a sudden earlier today all of the cameras started generating a high rate of false audio alarms.

I don't quite understand it....

I'm wondering if new firmware / software was recently pushed?

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks,

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update for Arlo Pro has been released resolving this issue. Please make sure your cameras are up to date with the latest firmware. See here for more information: Release Notes – Arlo Pro Camera 1.092.0.3.12290 – 9th May 2017

JamesC

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Release notes are here for sw updates ... https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

Yo can compare yours in Settings>device info against the list

Last was the Pro cam in Jan, the base in Nov

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

Thanks TomMac!

I guess that is NOT my problem ...  that would have been too easy   😉

It's very weird ... for months I've had ZERO false alarms and yesterday I probably had 100+ ...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be worth power cycling the base.  If that doesn't help try resetting the cameras by reinserting the batteries in the affected cameras.

rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks!

I've rebooted the base and the camera that is easiest to get to ...

I'll report back  😉

rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

I'm not quite sure why... but rebooting the base seems to have fixed it.......................

Thanks!

draku007
Star
Star

Same here. My livingroom had 250+ audio detections and now my garage is going nuts with audio detections.

draku007
Star
Star

I rebooted my station but that didn't help. Rebootking again. I had to lower the autio detection sensitivity from 4 to 3 and I'm still getting some false alerts.

Kenmor101
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem with my Arlo Pro set of 4, they have been working fine until this morning at 1:35 am, i now have 363 alerts for audio and i have reset everything and even turned audio off and still getting alerts. Can anyone help

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

I turned off my Audio detection, earlier. That appears to work for now. 

rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

Power cycling my base station fixed it for me...

I'm now thinking that perhaps when I did it that it triggered a firmware upgrade that resolved the issue.

My firmware for the base is now:  1.8.9.0_11528 

My cameras are all at:  1.092.0.1_11504

So you might check that?

ravenlp
Star
Star

I also had this issue last night, around 4am (PST) my two active cameras started going crazy with audio alerts. It persisted in waves EDIT j/k it's still doing it... I'm 90% sure there were service issues with Arlo at this time. I was awoken by the notifications around 5am and while investigating noticed my base station and cameras going offline and then coming back online a little later. I'm guessing this was Netgear investigating their services issues.

Edit - upon further investigation my girlfriend disarmed the cameras because of the notification, turning them back on now the notifications are still occuring. Welll poop.. guess I'll have to toy around with rebooting things later....

Olddog828
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same issue with only one camera (of 4 cameras), started last night and finally turned it off to stop.  Have rebooted base, but that did not work either.  Will take battery pack out tonight and reboot camera to see if that does it. Will give feed back on that 

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

I'm also having the same problem on one of my H7 cameras. A reboot the base & reinserted the battery and didn't help.

Don't sofware engineers give these a vigorous test before they release an update??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier today, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

There was a a firmware update release yesterday, you can see the release notes here: Release notes

This update made no changes to audio triggers/sensitivity. If you are experiencing false audio triggers, consider adjusting audio sensitivity down to see if you get the same behavior.

JamesC

ravenlp
Star
Star

If so many existing users are reporting false audio triggers after the firmware update, I don't think it's correct to suggest we tweak our audio detection settings. Prior to the firmware update I never received false audio triggers, post firmware update they are happening non-stop. I think it's apparent the firmware update either has bugs or triggered the false detection state after updating. Hopefully pulling the batteries from the cameras will reset whatever is causing this to happen, but in the mean time I hope some engineering resources are being dedicated to investigating why this is happening and/or happened in the first place.

Kenmor101
Tutor
Tutor

I agree 100% with that.

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

This is a 100% firmware update problem JamesC. I had no problems of false alerts until this morning update. I had that camera exchanged today from H7 to H8 and it's causing false alarms constantly still.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The original post here was made before the most recent firmware was released. That user also seems to indicate that a base station reboot resolved the issue.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of a firmware related issue but very thorough testing went into this release with many field trial users and none reported audio false triggers.

Please let me know if after a reboot/audio sensitivity adjustment you are still experiencing this issue and I will escalate to engineering for further investigation.

JamesC

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

See above post JamesC.

Olddog828
Aspirant
Aspirant
  1. Ok will adjust down audio sensetiviy, but out of all my cameras only one started giving me false reports since the firmware update.  Did reboot's and reset's and no joy, so will now down the trigger level and see how that goes
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

My replacement camera(H8) seems have calmed down on it's. I always had the audio set at 1. I always have to turn the audio off on windy days which sucks. Making the settings less sensitive would help. Maybe it's in learning mode. Hope that's the case.

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

It's daytime again and my new camera is sending false audio alerts every minute.

NeoNaya
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have a similar issue. Two of my cameras which have night vision OFF and audio sensitivity set to "1" are giving me non-stop audio alerts since 3:30 a.m. last night (3/31). Restarting the base or removing the cameras and bringing back the camera does not seem to have this issue. 

I never had this issue till the firmware update was pushed last night. 

Susan1973
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've also been having this problem since yesterday.  Will try power cycling the base when I get home from work.  I'm really glad this problem didn't occur while I was on vacation.  In the meantime, I've turned off audio notifications.