Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Venusrising
Tutor
Tutor

DEVICES 4-15-2021.jpgMODE OPTION 4-15-21 (1).jpg.   

Ever since the past few camera upgrades, I have been having nothing but issues with my Arlo cameras app.  I used several different browsers and go to my.arlo.com, but to no avail.  

First the problem was that I couldn't view my cameras when I clicked on my Devices option at the top of the screen (see attached photo).  In addition to that part not working, I also have limited selections when I go into my Mode option (see attached photo).  Its as if the Arlo app no longer works correctly with Google Chrome Book.  It worked perfectly prior to March 2021!   

Furthermore, this two step verification is an additional annoyance.  Before this last upgrade, I was able to turn it off, but now with this latest change, I can't.  It appears that the app doesn't recognize my Google Chromebook, so every time I try to log in with this computer, I have to keep going through this two step verification process.  I thought the purpose of this two step process was to recognize the computer device being used and you only need to go through this process once, but it doesn't work correctly with my Chromebook, I have to keep going through this same process every time. 

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!.   AND WHEN YOU TEST YOUR UPGRADED VERSIONS, DONT FORGET TO TEST ON A GOOGLE CHROME BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use a Chromebook as my primary device every day and don't have an issue with either the app or web client. 

2FA may be an annoyance but you could ask those competitors' users whose cameras/systems were hacked. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Rainat
Star
Star

This can not go on! I was forced to use the  two-step verification today before I could even view my cameras on the phone, Now when and where I usually view them on my laptop, I CAN NOT access quickly when I need to. I need to find my phone within 28 seconds to confirm to view on my laptop! Fix This Arlo. How can I log in on my laptop quickly??? Let us give permission to a couple of devices! This is still for Security cameras isn't it?

Rainat
Star
Star

If I can't find my phone or if it was lost or stolen...that two-step verification means I can NOT view my cameras at ALL!

Venusrising
Tutor
Tutor

If for some strange reason you can view your DEVICES after logging into my.arlo.com, I would definitely like to know what type of cameras you are using?  As you can see on my photos, that is what I am seeing.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have an original wirefree, Pro, Ultras and Pro 3s plus a video doorbell on a VMB5000 hub. Never had a problem like this. Might be worth clearing the cache or even a powerwash on the device.

DenysW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't know if this is going to work for everyone, or if it's even going to keep working, but this morning I was able to go the my Arlo phone App, and turn OFF 2-step verification

Phone App

Settings

Login Settings

Two-Step Verification

Enable (Turn to OFF)

If this fix goes away, I'll probably have to leave Arlo.

Rainat
Star
Star

Arlo making it mandatory. No option for me to disable it. It is so frustrating.

They need to allow us to add a couple of Trusted Devices!