Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Low Audio Output from Pro Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MaD-MaX
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm a new customer to the Arlo system. I like the system and it's options.
I do have a problem with the audio output level of the cameras and I'm quite aware that this topic is like beating a dead horse.
Although Netgear insisted that this is not an issue, a great majority of people are still experiencing it. I've read everything from poor camera design, to compatibility issues with mobile devices.
I'm wondering why Netgear hasn't developed some sort of a wireless 2 way speaker box (module) with better audio capabiltt, which can easily take over the audio of an assigned camera (ex. Front door camera).
Netgear.... if you're listening, chime in.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MaD-MaX wrote:
... Netgear ... Netgear ... Netgear.... 

... Arlo ... Arlo ... Arlo... 

Netgear spun off Arlo last year, so it is now it's own company.

@MaD-MaX wrote:
I'm wondering why [Arlo] hasn't developed some sort of a wireless 2 way speaker box (module) with better audio capabiltt, which can easily take over the audio of an assigned camera (ex. Front door camera).

Well, they have - the Arlo doorbell will handle the audio today.  It doesn't include a camera, but it can be cross-triggered so the camera will record.  Also, they've announced a video doorbell, but it is not on the market yet.

MaD-MaX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thx. for your reply..
Do you have experience with the doorbell 2 way?
Is it a better sound output?
I've experienced the "RING" although definitely louder than the Arlo cameras, they can use a bit more output specially if the ambiance noises are louder than usual like traffic or lawn equipment at a neighbors.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I do have the doorbell, but I've never tried to compare the audio output with the Pro camera.

I don't use the 2-way audio features in the cameras or the doorbell much.