Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Logs, and notifications - problems in first 24hours.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rabidhyena
Tutor
Tutor

Ok

So first 24hours and I have problems.

I have set it up on geofencing.

If we are away it is armed, if we are home it switches to a schedule. If its night it is armed, if it is day it us unarmed (except the front door).

I had problems in the night.

Occasionally the geofencing said I was away and then a few seconds later it would say I was home.(I checked my phone GPS location that was spot on)

Also occasionally the cameras would go offline saying 'no web connection'.

This is annoying and hopefully there will be a fix but to be honest it only last a few seconds. The main problem is that the app makes a notification of these - waking me up! Which I cant have. If I turn off the notifications then I won't get the real notifications that I might need if there was a genuiine issue. So I am a bit stuck at the moment.

Any ideas? Is there a way to turn off notifications of the sort I'm not interested in?

Is there a log on the system somewhere so that I can see a bit more what is happening?

Many thanks.

Would love to get this sorted, otherwise it will have to go back.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many users have had success resolving this issue by checking their mobile devices battery saving settings. Some devices have battery optimization settings that close or put apps to sleep after they have been idle for a period of time. Check your mobile devices settings and be sure that an exception is made for Arlo if you are running battery saving settings.

JamesC