Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Abcon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled Arlo app and reinstalled it a day later and now the app tells me it doesn't recognise my device and when I log-in it tells me it send a code to My iPhone - I don't use an iPhone with my app. How can this be?

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Abcon wrote:

I uninstalled Arlo app and reinstalled it a day later and now the app tells me it doesn't recognise my device and when I log-in it tells me it send a code to My iPhone - I don't use an iPhone with my app. How can this be?

Can you log into a PC browser?  Perhaps choosing "try another authentication method"?

Abcon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried my PC and it said the same thing. It gave me two other options but they say the same thing ( Home Security or Home Security) - I do not know where these came from.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Abcon 

Are you still experiencing these symptoms?

Abcon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Abcon 

I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out as soon as possible.

Abcon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

LudwigC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Shayne,

I am having a similar issue.

We went to update our email address for our Arlo account and now we are locked out of the account. Because we updated the email address, it booted us off of the phone app which now won't send us the push notifications to bypass. When we try to login with our old email address, we're told the account doesn't exist. When we use the new email address, it offers to send an Push notifications to our phones , to send an email to our old email address, or to send a one-time code to our recorded phone number.
Push notifications do not work as we have all been signed out of our phones, emails do not come through to either account and the one-time code, once entered time-out saying "Internal Server Error"
Because we are locked out, I'm unable to upgrade our subscription to a paid plan, which is in turn preventing me from posting a new support request on any of Arlo's forums, to contact Arlo directly or really receive any assistance 😞

Could someone from support please reach out and assist me?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LudwigC  I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out as soon as possible.

LudwigC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much Shayne!

I really appreciate it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No worries @LudwigC