Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
drin1
Follower
Follower

hi can i know if i can add a local storage to the Arlo Security System - 5 Wire-Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3530),

and if i can, does it saves all records to the local storage not just the detected movments ??,

what i want is to mount the cameras over my house save movments tha camera detects on the cloud and save all 24/7 records on a local storage,

,can i find this 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not with the older systems such as the one you have. The newly announced Arlo Pro has that capability but isn't available yet. You can always download your videos to save them locally. I also recommend never deleting videos from the library since, once deleted, they're gone.

mitchellbrand
Star
Star
The base station that comes with the new Arlo Pro cameras has this capability. It has 2 USB port on the back where you can plug in an external hard drive or even a flash drive where it will store your videos. The files are pretty small too. So my old 8 GB flash drive That I found sitting around the house for example should hold a ton of footage! This new base station is not available to purchase by itself yet however. Just get the single camera kit so you can have one of the new pro models to play with too! They are nice!
kilmo34793
Aspirant
Aspirant

So what are the usb ports for on the older arlo, not pro???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Absolutely nothing. It's a shame since so many folks would have utilized them. It's probable that they were intended for use but maybe the implementation was faulty? Who knows?