Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ysu
Luminary
Luminary

Anyone experiencing live view freeze problem on 2018 iPad Pro? When I hit play button on my camera grid in the main UI, usually it plays live view of what’s happening. But for new iPad Pro, the video freezes in the last scene of the camera (which could be the last frame from a motion last night, for example). When I hit stop, it updates to the last frame of the current scene as the static image. So just playback is not working.

Seems to work well on older iPads and iPhone. So I know my system is working correctly. Might be an app issue specific to new iPad?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @ysu,

Are you experiencing this issue when you are on both portrait mode and/or landscape mode? Try to force-close the app and open the app when you're on portrait mode. Otherwise, try to force-close the app and open it when you're on landscape mode.

ysu
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Jessica, it's latest iPad Pro 2018 11 inch: https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-pro

Same freeze issue for landscape and portrait mode.

Tried multiple times kill/restart app. Also tried to uninstall/reinstall app. And logout/login. Still, freeze.

Same app works well on older iPad.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to download the newest app version, which is 2.6.2, and see if that resolves the issue for you.

ysu
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you!! It works now. Looks like you also changed the live view layout on new iPad — now it’s a grid of multiple cameras instead of single column giant view.

Thanks again for solving it.