Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
Melnkay
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having this same issue. Deleted app and reinstalled. Even reset phone. Still freezes
richie4263
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here. I tried turning off Face ID login as recommended on another thread. The app no longer crashes on opening but instead crashes after a short time of browsing cameras or video library. Phone freezes and seems to try to recover itself by shutting down the app and rebooting but there is a period of around 1-2 mins where nothing works on the phone and the Arlo app is stuck on the last screen used.

Please resolve this as we rely on Arlo for baby monitor and security system.
Bucci1
Initiate
Initiate

I’ve run into the exact same issue with my iPhone XS Max....have spent well over an hour on the phone with support who’s one and only solution was to try and view it on a web browser, but only one specific web browser.  Not Safari or Explorer but only Chrome....which I tried with no luck. After an hour of this she finally decided to tell me that they’re having problems with the the app on iPhone X’s.  So essentially the entire system is now completely worthless. 

sylki
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you allow Flash to run on Chrome (by default it’s blocking the site when you try to sign in) and log in several times you’ll get to use your laptop. Even updating the password takes a while and several tries. Ugh! I really hope they will come up with another update soon.
ema1508
Initiate
Initiate

I have 2.6.2, and also my iPhone XS Max is up to date with IOS 12.1. 

I still have the problem. Everytime I started live feed on IOS app, it freeze the phone. I can hear audio, but the video is not updating with just still image. After a while (30+ seconds), the app crashed out. 

I verifed through web, the live feed works as expected with just 2-3 seconds delay. Which seems normal. So the problem is with the IOS App. I have no Android device at home. So cannot test that. 

Please help. 

Anne2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I talked to Arlo support, I returned the cameras as the app is not ready to work with my iPhone XS mas . We must wait for update. The worst thing now is that before this issue I had an Arlo Go that worked fine , now I deleted the base and 3 no working cameras as I returned them, but now my Arlo Go is NOt working anymore in that such app , and I am stuck since its a Verizon plan attached to it 😞
Procman
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem with my XS Max. Screen locks up and requires a hard reboot to get out of it. Useless as a real time security camera if you can’t access live feed.
Jo_flo
Aspirant
Aspirant
How long are we gonna wait for an update. This is surprising that such a popular Camera system isn’t keeping up with the new phones
MurohyFL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. iPhone XS Max. Running latest IOS and newest Arlo app. Freezes every time I try to open a live view. Also can’t get love view to open on a chromebook.
angelfig119
Aspirant
Aspirant
New update crashes IOS app on live mode. Are there any fixes for this problem?
I have an IPhone XS Max
Albert-singh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue as well- Arlo app is crashing on my iPhone XS Max after iOS 12.1 update - it’s even freezing the phone forcing me to restart.!!!!!!
utv1uk
Aspirant
Aspirant
App crashes non stop after update and freezes my iPhone XS Max. Let’s hope they get it fixed very very soon before my home gets burgled......
Robjames1960
Tutor
Tutor
I agree.
This severe lapse in confidence has me concerned for my family's security. I rely on the confidence that these cameras are working.
I'm disappointed. At least I was a to resolve this issue by loading a previous update and turning off the auto update.
I'm concerned that this will occur again and leave my home vulnerable.
Rob James
jnselder
Tutor
Tutor

The Arlo App freezes up my iPhone when trying to view live video from the Arlo Pro 2 cameras. It works fine on my iPad but freezes up on phone and can’t even get out of the app.

Anne2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not waiting on the Arlo Pro. I returned them. I’m stuck on the Arlo Go with a Verizon plan
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Totally agree. It would also be helpful if Arlo techs would send out emails alerting people instead of leaving everyone in the dark. Very poor customer service. Thanks to those that figured out a temporary fix.
Tufelhound
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same issue since the recent update.
brh
Master
Master

@Anne2018

Have you tried downloading the ios 12.1.1 public beta? Several people have told me today that that fixed their problems.

Brian

Anne2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Those are maybe pp that don’t update their phones. I update me iPhone as soon as something goes on ; as far as I know Arlo support says they are working to update Arlo’s app it’s their problem, no our problem. My phone is always up to date on IOS and apps . Arlo admitted is their App. not supporting my XS+ phone
brh
Master
Master

@jnselder

Try downloading the ios 12.1.1 public beta.

Brian

Bergk412
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve been having the exact same issue.. the day after the update my iPhone XS Max will freeze and reboot while trying to connect to any of the live view cameras we have installed. My iPad mini and my husbands iPhone X both have the same update and are not affected. Very frustrating and hope arlo figures it out real soon!!
JJJ1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly the same issue, iPhone XS Max, freezes then crashes when going to live mode on a camera. So frustrating, the recent update has definitely caused it as fine before that. I hope they fix it soon. I’ve restarted phone and no luck.
DP2018
Tutor
Tutor

We had the same problem after hours and hours of research we found someone that said if you reinstall previous version it may work, so we tried that and it worked the # is 2.6.2-22800 for the older version .

JJJ1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, are Netgear going to be fixing this? Fingers crossed they are aware of it
CiciApril
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here. I even deleted the App and re-download but the issue still exists. Wonder when it’s going to be fixed.