Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
dhanson99
Star
Star
Exact same problem... live feed locks up phone and is worthless. XS Max. Seems others are having same problem. I have tried trouble shooting, but looks like another bug they will have to fix in another release.

Remind me again why I am paying $25 a month to debug Arlo products??
dhanson99
Star
Star
Exact same problem. There is a live feed bug in the new release that seems to render the app on iPhone XS Max useless
boyscout
Initiate
Initiate

I've had four Arlo Pro 2 cameras for about 14 months, everything has worked well, good system.  I last looked at the cameras on my iPhone Xs Max with up-to-date iOS just a few days ago, worked fine.

An update was installed recently.  This morning, the app bricks my phone.  The page showing last-seen images for the four cameras comes up, I can go live with the first camera, but when I touch the stop button for that camera the app locks up.

The whole PHONE locks up!!  One of the two times I did this I could not even do a hard reset on the phone - it was completely frozen with your app on the screen for about two minutes no matter what I did.  Then the screen went blank, the twirly appeared, and the phone restarted.  The other time the bricking stopped after about 30 seconds, didn't reboot the phone.

oonline
Guide
Guide
Same here. Got the update and the app won’t work properly. Freezes my phone and I can’t even swipe to go home etc.

What’s the point of all these useless updates that BREAK the app?

What in the world is Netgear doing? They seem bent on pissing us off
josedp
Guide
Guide
Wow, not just Android problems then..the latest update broke the app completely on Android as well. As soon as I login to the app it crashes every time.
Orm
Star
Star

I'm experience exactly the same problem with my XS Max.

I have other issues with my XS Max like three seconds freeze in the beginning of the recordings.

It seem Arlo don't test the IOS app updates on the XS Max. Too bad, they should to avoid customer frustration.

AceAnya
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have updated the Arlo app to 2.6.2 on my iPhone XS and have two Arlo baby cameras connected.
It appears as though another release without full testing.
I hear sound, images will display but be frozen and then it freezes my phone. Have restarted the phone about ten but with exactly same problem.
It also appears that room temperature is no longer displayed, the only snapshot of information we used.,
Anyone else have the same issues?

kbng
Luminary
Luminary

same problem after update on iphone xs max. app freezes the phone. very annoying.

Tucker1963
Initiate
Initiate

I have the iPhone X’s max and having same problem. Locks up my whole phone.

kbng
Luminary
Luminary
yes it is very annoying. the whole security system is not to use. and it seems, nobody within netgear/arlo does really care for immediate problem solving.
kbng
Luminary
Luminary
yes, same here. with iphone xs max and arlo-pro2.
R1Daniel
Tutor
Tutor
Freezes my IPhone XS Max too. When I try to view a camera I can only hear sound. The video is not updating and the phone completely freezes. This needs to get fixed like yesterday. Arlo needs to test all updates across ALL platforms before releasing them!
Mikebbb
Initiate
Initiate
Me too — XS max. Guys this is an absolute disaster. You can’t let this happen. What were you thinking releasing an update on thanksgiving? Many people will be away with family. You need to fix this *right now*. My confidence in your product is shaken.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@dhanson99 wrote:
You guys broke the iOS app with the latest update. It was actually working quite well recently, and today with the update (11/21/18) it is non-functional. Trying to view Live feed (and I do regularly) doesn’t work at all anymore and locks up the phone..

Please get this fixed. Worst update ever... your QA folks should be embarrassed.

I think most people are seeing significant improvement with V2.6.2 on iOS.  Have you tried force closing the app or restarting the iOS device ...perhaps the base unit also.  I think the app was released to the App Store several days ago, but it didn’t show up until Apple finished testing the app and approving it’s availability.

Seems like this might be specific to the Max .  I’m running it on iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPad Air 2 and 11” iPad Pro.  All are running iOS 12.1 and V2.6.2 of the Arlo app.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Orm wrote:

I'm experience exactly the same problem with my XS Max.

I have other issues with my XS Max like three seconds freeze in the beginning of the recordings.

It seem Arlo don't test the IOS app updates on the XS Max. Too bad, they should to avoid customer frustration.

Wow.  It looks like the Max may uniquely have a problem.  The other platforms seem fine so far.  You’d better log a case, if you have not already done so.  Be prepared for some advice that requires you be within 3-5 feet of your base station, even though you likely may have already clearly said you are away for the holiday.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@boyscout wrote:

I've had four Arlo Pro 2 cameras for about 14 months, everything has worked well, good system.  I last looked at the cameras on my iPhone Xs Max with up-to-date iOS just a few days ago, worked fine.

An update was installed recently.  This morning, the app bricks my phone.  The page showing last-seen images for the four cameras comes up, I can go live with the first camera, but when I touch the stop button for that camera the app locks up.

The whole PHONE locks up!!  One of the two times I did this I could not even do a hard reset on the phone - it was completely frozen with your app on the screen for about two minutes no matter what I did.  Then the screen went blank, the twirly appeared, and the phone restarted.  The other time the bricking stopped after about 30 seconds, didn't reboot the phone.

I’ve seen quite a few iPhone XS Max owners reporting the same problem.  It would seem there is some weird bug in the code related to the Max geometry....perhaps.   Seems most likely since no one with other iOS devices is reporting this problem and a TON of Max owners are crippled right now.  

I wish Arlo would eliminate Flash from their web app and let us use the web app on our iOS devices as a backup to the mobile app.  That would be very handy.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Do you have the ability to remote control a PC or Mac from your Max?  That might be a clumsy, but usable workaround until this is fixed.

dhanson99
Star
Star
Yep... have gone thru troubleshooting, restarting phone, base station... appears it may be exclusive to XS Max. It does work on my iPad Pro running 12.1. But, my phone is my primary device.

They managed to jack up the app so bad, live feed completely locks up the XS Max phone and you have to do a hard reboot to make it functional again. Apple should seriously pull this release. Terrible.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Yes.  iPhone XS Max owners are reporting a catastrophic failure.

Two thoughts,  Can you remote control a Mac or PC from your Max and use the web interface?  Or (a much bigger pain) do you have a backup from prior to V2.6.2 from which you can do an erase and restore?  It takes a long time and requires a good broadband connection, but it works.

after the restore, you have to quickly turn off automatic updates to the apps.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@dhanson99 wrote:
Yep... have gone thru troubleshooting, restarting phone, base station... appears it may be exclusive to XS Max. It does work on my iPad Pro running 12.1. But, my phone is my primary device.

They managed to jack up the app so bad, live feed completely locks up the XS Max phone and you have to do a hard reboot to make it functional again. Apple should seriously pull this release. Terrible.

Wow.  That is BAD!

elichang
Tutor
Tutor
It’s ridiculous. I have an iPhone XS Max. I posted this same issue on the Arlo subreddit and got a few replies with others having issues with the app on the XS Max too. They are so slow to remedy these issues. It’s completely unusable right now and crashes my phone whenever I try it. Judging by history they’ll be slow to resolve this if at all. Not to mention it’s a holiday so no one will even look at this until next week.
IJCU
Initiate
Initiate
IJCU
Initiate
Initiate
Lol works perfect if you use cam pos
dschol33
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same problem with with iPhone XS Max. The app is totally unusable. It freezes when you get to the Arlo Baby video feed and then eventually the phone crashes and restarts. Can someone from Arlo please help???

Tapout
Star
Star
Can we PLEASE do a quality control check on ANY UPDATES!!!!
Once again you guys push out an update and don’t check it. Now for the iPhone your app locks up the Arlo baby and the Arlo Q and the app doesn’t respond to anything. Locks up the phone and everything!!!
Now since there is no tech support to send this to......well here we go.