Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
yeebee29
Star
Star

I have been having trouble with the new Arlo app ever since I downloaded it. It is much slower, and it is not allowing me to play back videos that are recorded. I read another post about watching the videos on a computer. I hope there's another solution because the reason the app is on the phone is so we can monitor our property on the phone. Please help! This is getting frustrating!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chibo912
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had the same issue, buffering video not playing, tearing my hair out.

New app update to version 2.9.1 is on playstore now, and everything works. I had to find the update, playstore did not auto update the app in the background.

View solution in original post

97 REPLIES 97
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you post the phone model, and what version of Android or iOS is runs?

yeebee29
Star
Star
Phone is Samsung S8, Android.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yeebee29 wrote:
Phone is Samsung S8, Android.

FWIW, playback is working on my Samsung S7.

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have both Arlo Pro and Q cameras. They function as intended as far as notifications (although several minutes after motion has been deteceted) and recordings, however I can't play the recordings. It buffers then just stops and freezes. Started happening since switching over to the new app. Is this happening to anyone else?

rbini100
Tutor
Tutor
I just downloaded the new app and am having the exact same issues
kc5mah
Aspirant
Aspirant

before the push of the update on the android phone i could play all the videos but now with the new app. update i can only view the videos when i get home and use the wifi.. Is there anything that im doing wrong.. Thanks

kc5mah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't see my videos on my smart phone after the new app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which app and device/OS? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Android Samsung S10+ I had restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, and restarted the base station a few days ago....my recordings are magically working agai this morning after 3 days of not being able to.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rbini100

Can you provide a little more detail regarding this issue? Also, which Device/Phone/OS are you using when this occurs?

yeebee29
Star
Star
Is there a resolution for those using Android Samsung Galaxy phones? Mine is S8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you experiencing this playback issue while on wifi or mobile data?

odgreen1
Star
Star
I'm not at home to look, but I might have the Arlo Pro2. In any case, my base station is VMB4000r3 according to my app. Since the recent app update, recorded video does not playback on my phone. It just gets stuck on "buffering". Any help is appreciated. I checked on the app and all device firmware is up to date.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@odgreen1 wrote:
I'm not at home to look, but I might have the Arlo Pro2. In any case, my base station is VMB4000r3 according to my app. Since the recent app update, recorded video does not playback on my phone. It just gets stuck on "buffering". Any help is appreciated. I checked on the app and all device firmware is up to date.

Do you have access to a PC?  It's worth trying the web client.  You will need to allow flash for the site - there are lots of posts in the forum on how to do that with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.  If you need help, let us know the browser you are using.

Twoot
Guide
Guide

My new app would not send notifications or playback recordings all day after I downloaded the new app then it worked last night for a while and today back to crap... not working
Recording but not able to play back and not notifying me at all

yeebee29
Star
Star
Both- at work I'm on mobile data and it doesn't play, at home I'm on WiFi and it also doesn't play.
rbini100
Tutor
Tutor
When i go to my video library and click to play the video it says "buffering" for a few seconds but never plays the video. I'm on an android os. Samsung galaxy note 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring on the new Arlo mobile app or the legacy app? Which Phone/Device/Model/OS are you using?

rbini100
Tutor
Tutor
Same exact thing is happening to me. I'm on an android note 8
lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anddddd I'm back to NOT being able to play recordings. Just freezes at "buffering". Ugh, this is so frustrating.
yeebee29
Star
Star
Yes! This is happening to me. I have Arlo Pro and this only started happening after switching to the new app.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please provide the following info from my previous post. 

"Is this occurring on the new Arlo mobile app or the legacy app? Which Phone/Device/Model/OS are you using?"

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same problem trying to get library videos to play. Login and loading library takes a long time too.

I'm running the Latest version of Android. Samsung Galaxy S9, latest OS. 

So far my wife's iphone plays fine on mobile data and wifi. 

Library videos keep saying buffering and never plays. Some take as long as 30 seconds to play on mobile data. I've never had this problem until the new app. And i have great coverage 4G LTE T-mobile, all bars, etc. 

They play just fine on wifi, however. I would say this is an issue with the new app on android using mobile data and not a user issue. 

Please fix as I am unable to use arlo when I am not connected to wifi or outside the house. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.