Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AmandaJ
Star
Star

I have been using an older Arlo system at home for a few years but work had me pick a pro 4 camera system up today. I know that we can only view 5 cameras per base station at a time but more can be added.  I know that to view the others we need to “drop” a camera off the list to view the extras.  Here’s the question:  if we have more than 5 connected does the feed from each one still upload and therefore get saved or is it simply not uploaded/lost....what happens?

thankyou 

by the way ... loving the battery pack. Good move.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

As above, you can have 5 cameras free or up to 15 cameras if you upgrade your subscription. Not only do you get the ability to sync more active cameras but the cloud storage is longer than 7 days

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you try to sync the additional cameras to your original base station or use your login for the new base, you will be limited to 5 active cameras.

With there being a home and a work set up, I suggest you open a separate account for the work system. Then when you're logged in to the work account, go to the settings and Grant Access to your personal account and check the Allow Access box at the bottom.

When you log into your personal account, you'll see your system and the work system and could view up to 10 active cameras. You just have slightly limited control of the work account through your account. The Pro are so much better, right? Motion detection and recording is faster, the audio is great, the rechargeable battery is great, the USB backup on the Pro base is great. The Pro is just so much better. It would be fantastic if you could use the Pro at home and take the original cams to work 😛 That's probably a bit cheeky though... unless you own your work and can do whatever you want

AmandaJ
Star
Star
Work and home are separate. Only reason they looked at arlo is because I have it at home. It works for work on many levels. Therefore what we are looking at is how many cameras can upload data (rather than raw feed) via one base station?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

15 cameras can be connected to one base but only 5 can stream at once. If you believe there may be the need to stream more than 5 at one time, separate them, perhaps in groups of 5, onto separate bases. Don't forget about your Internet upload speeds since many cameras streaming at once could swamp your service capability. While not necessarily true for any particular circumstance, contemplate needing 1Mb/s per camera.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

As above, you can have 5 cameras free or up to 15 cameras if you upgrade your subscription. Not only do you get the ability to sync more active cameras but the cloud storage is longer than 7 days

AmandaJ
Star
Star

I like the thought there.  😁 thank you