Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live Viewing but no Motion Detect Recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jcastrojjc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone.

I just purchased the Arlo Pro 4 Cameras w/ Base Station. SIgnal and performance has been great so far. I have it set to record on motion until movement stops. One concern, while I was streaming live to watch plumbers work on my sewer, the motion detect did not record once I went into Live mode. Is this by design? Do I have to manually record when in Live as motion detect will not do this unless I go away from Live stream? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... When you go to LIVE VIEW, you are over-riding the ARMED command.... In order to get a recording you must manually start a record session ( target icon )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... When you go to LIVE VIEW, you are over-riding the ARMED command.... In order to get a recording you must manually start a record session ( target icon )

jcastrojjc
Aspirant
Aspirant

That was what I assumed. Any chance in the future the Armed Command continues to function as is despite going into Live Mode?

Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You could always request it in the "wish" area ...https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange