Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
wgdietsch
Aspirant
Aspirant

This topic was previuosly dicussed on 4/19/2017  .. the thread has been closed so I'm starting a new one.

In the previuos thread the intial poster was asked ... "If you're using Live mode, aren't you watching the stream?" .. to which the orginal poster replied "Yes".

In my case .. the answer is "No" ... the system could very well be in live mode and running the video stream on a device in the house ... I or my wife could be in the back yard and we would have no notice of an intruder was in our frount yard are breaking into through our front door.

It is not my plan/desire to have the system alway in live mode ... but the potential exists .. just because the system is in "Live" mode ... doesn't mean the video feed is always being monitored

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wrote:

It is not my plan/desire to have the system alway in live mode ... but the potential exists .. just because the system is in "Live" mode ... doesn't mean the video feed is always being monitored

Not really for long.... It is one of the main reasons that the Arlo cams time out at about 30mins.( in case left on )

Live Stream is manually activated, which means someone that has access started it.

If you walk away after starting , then yes, your statement would be true...if you are concerned and want to walk away then start a manual record at the same time.... then all will be recorded.

There are NO alerts as YOU the user have over-ridden the "detection and alert " mode.

But these cams are really designed as "motion detect then record" and done so that the batteries will last a resonable amount of time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Why would you start a Live View session and not look at it? As above, as soon as you start live streaming, you disable the motion detection and recording. It will only record if you manually hit record. If you start Live viewing and there's nothing of interest, hit pause to stop it and revert back to motion detection. This will also save your batteries if running off batteries

irus99
Tutor
Tutor

I have been reading over some of these arlo posts the last few days as I just bought the arlo pro 2 from best buy. I don't understand why others on this fourm reply negitively to people who are asking for features. I really don't want to return mine but it seems that arlo doesn't really care about having the "normal" features that most other security cameras have. Personally me I want to be able to live stream and still have moition activated recording. My arlo pro cameras are all plugged in so its not an issue for me I also don't want the website to time me out after 30 minutes. My old security cameras don't do that. I know that I am just one person but it seems others feel the same way and when one of these other people puts up a request to have this type of capibilities. Someone else just tells them why there idea is silly. I would love to actually hear from an Arlo representive on this 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

irus99,

There are discussions on this in the Arlo Idea Exchange. I encourage you to visit those discussions and offer your support by adding Kudos.

JamesC

wgdietsch
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC  ... can you provide links directly to the specific dicsussion thread(s)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wgdietsch,

Take a look here: Continue Recording while while watching live feed

JamesC

wgdietsch
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks ... appears there are severel users that would like to see motion notifications active in live mode.

irus99
Tutor
Tutor
I would love to see this option added.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Add kudos to the post linked above.