Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
craft1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I just bought a arlo pro first set it up live feed worked with a slight 3 second delay. Had to ring arlo as one camera didn’t work then they said my system wasn’t registered so the registered it then it force me to do a update on whole system now my live feed has a 45second to 1 minute delay are they going to fix this thinking of returning it as this is not acceptable for live viewing I don’t have a issue with 3 second delay but up to 1 minute is a joke

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your firmware versions to be sure they're up to date? How about rebooting the base and reinserting the battery in the camera? What's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net?

craft1
Aspirant
Aspirant
no offence did u read the post it is up to date firmware that’s when it started. this system is 5 days old
NewtonAurelius
Tutor
Tutor

In my experience, the live view feature is dependent on the Wifi signal strength from the Arlo Base Station, and the upload speed of your Internet connection.

For example, my Arlo Pro 2 camera has very good Wifi signal from the Arlo Base Station, but my upload Internet speed is only 7 Mbps; which gives me a good 45 second to 1 minute delay if I am trying to talk to someone through the camera.

The best I have heard about, in regards to shortest delay, is in other brand's cameras or doorbells, that are hardwired to or directly plugged into electricity. Pretty much all current battery powered cameras, from all brands, have at least a 20-30 second delay in two-way communication.

craft1
Aspirant
Aspirant
If u google it used to only be 3 seconds. Mine was 3 seconds at first but when I rang arlo because one camera was faulty out of the box they told me my system wasn’t in there system as this is why it didn’t make me do a update and live view worked fine then when they put my device in there system it forced me to do a update and this is when it went from 3 seconds to 1 minute delay in the live feed. This was 3 days ago hints I believe there update has caused this. This is why I’m asking are they going to fix it soon
NewtonAurelius
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately, I do not know when they are going to fix their system. There is a general message about the development team currently working on updates, but there is no time-line mentioned.

For me, all of the main problems started when Arlo released the 2.6 app on October 20th, which was at the same time as the Audio Doorbell product launch. Since then, I have had all number of problems with delays, live-view not working, notifications being delayed for hours at a time, etc.

I have been using Arlo's cameras for over 3 years now, and up until the October 2018 release, their system was very dependable and easy to use.

Now that Arlo is an independent company separate from Netgear, I hope this is not a sign as to what they are going to be like.

craft1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mmmm I only have to the end of the week to return it for refund so will have to decide if I am going to keep it as since the live feed is delayed by one minute that feature is pointless as the posty is not going to wait that long for a reply and also if some one breaking into ur house how do u know when to set the alarm of if it has a 1 minute delay