Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I Am Not Receiving Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Griffinbaby
Follower
Follower

I am not receiving notifications. Anymore. Already restarted it and only been installed a few hours.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are videos showing up in the library? Have you enabled email notifications? What have you tried? What do you see including what the LEDs on the base are showing?

NewtonAurelius
Tutor
Tutor

You might want to check the notification settings for your mode's rules. Select the "Mode" tab at the bottom of the app, and then select the pencil icon next to one of your modes. This should put you in the "Edit Mode" section where you can edit or add rules. For existing rules, select the pencil icon again, and a new screen appears named "Edit Rule". At the bottom of that screen is the "Alert" section, which has check-boxes for push notifications and email alerts. If the notifications box is checked, then you should be getting notifications for that camera or event.

On the other hand, I too have been having problems receiving notifications ever since the October 2018 software update. For me, I am still getting notifications, but they are 2 to 3 hours late. For example, I will get a notification saying there is motion detected by one of my cameras, but when I log into the app and look at the library the event was 2 to 3 hours ago.

Arlo's recent software update has been generally awful. What was a solid, reliable, and easy to use app, turned into an unusable garbage pile.