Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lights on camera while charging?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
abgalassi
Guide
Guide

What lights, if any, should be lit up on the camera while charging with the normal A/C charger?

I have the dreaded "The charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use an Arlo power adapter." thing going on - brought a camera in to charge on the kitchen counter, got to work and saw this message. Yes, I am using the Arlo cable/charger - I have 8 cameras and each camera is physically numbered (and so is the charging hardware that came with each one).

Anyway, when I go home at lunch I want to try and get the camera charging and want to know what lights I should be looking for, so I can verify quickly without having to reload the app etc.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No LEDs should be lit when charging although I believe you should get a blue blip when first connecting. If you have the Camera LED setting to On in Settings, My Devices, your camera, the LED will turn solid blue when fully charged.

It's possible that the charger is bad, the camera and/or battery is bad or that moisture got into the USB connection. Try charging a different camera. You can also try a different charger that supports the Qualcomm QuickCharge capability (5v and 9v).