Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
ph700
Star
Star

Since updating the Android Arlo app to the latest (December 22, 2019) when I have 2 videos from the same start time, whichever one I ask it to play, it always plays one location (Front Door) but not the other (Garage Door). I can access both videos from the web login (in Windows if that matters).

This happens on both smartphone and tablet.

17 REPLIES 17
ph700
Star
Star

FYI - I've logged out & logged back in - no change.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled the app - no change.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any ideas what can be done so I can view all of my videos through the app, and not have to use the web login?

DK01
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having same issue. I have found no resolution yet.
mHope
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, I already reported this issue to Arlo on the 23rd of December. The first customer service agent I spoke to didn't have any knowledge at all and spoke extremely poor English.

So I had to call in again and spoke to a woman who at least knew how the Arlo system "should" work.

She told me that she would forward this message to their software developer team, since I would apparently be the first one to report this issue in the whole world.

I also tried to reach them via Facebook, but there's just an automated robot who tells me to contact the customer service 😄

Will stick with version 2.12.0_26090 from the 13th of December until Arlo decides to take this issue serious.

Please be aware that the Arlo customer service agents will tell you that it's not possible to downgrade from version 2.12.1_27005 to 2.12.0_26090. But that is not true, so I'm not sure what's up with lying to your customers?

ph700
Star
Star

So I emailed Arlo Support on 12/24/2019 and just this morning received a reply, that included an apology for the delay.

The support person acknowledged they were already aware of the problem, but had no estimate of when the problem might be resolved.

I was asked to submit a log from my Android app (which I did), and asked to "log in on an ios device" if possible (not possible).

I was told my case would be closed even if the problem is not resolved if my case shows no activity for 7 days.

So it sounds like they're not expecting this to be resolved soon, or why else would they mention the 7 days?

Frustrated.

Mark-V
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ph700,

Thank you for your post regarding this issue. We have submitted your case to our engineering team for further investigation, and will provide updates when we have them available.

Regarding the "7 day closure"; that is an automatic message. Please be assured that we are actively investigating the issue.

For all users: Could you please let us know what Android Device and Android OS Version you are currently running? Has anyone experienced this issue on an iOS device?

Thank you very much,

- MarkV

ph700
Star
Star

@Mark-V

Two Android Devices:

1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Android Version: 7.0

2. Motorola moto g6, Android Version:  9

CarolinaKSU
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this issue as well with the wrong video playing in the app. 

I am running version 2.12.2_27010 of the app on a One Plus 6T with Android 10. 

It also worked fine for me as well before, but now refuses to play the video I click on and always defaults to the other camera that starts recording at the same time in another area of the house when one triggers. 

On an un-related note, geofencing for Arlo is beyond god-awful and is driving us insane with how it never seems to recognize when we leave the zone or come back. I find it hard to believe that with the 1000's of times it will call up GPS during the day (and draining my battery) that it can't pick up the right location, yet every single other app I have that uses location can figure it out no problem. This has been an issue since we bought our system 6+ months ago, but now combined with the inability to play the videos that the system records, Arlo has become unusable. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Justwork77
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem.  See my post under "Recording".

Samsung-SM-G935V, Android version 8.0.0

Wallace1
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having the same issue. Case number 41367668. Galaxy S8, and LG Q thin.

mHope
Initiate
Initiate

Sorry for posting so late in this thread, but I really had to revert to the previous version that worked 2.12.0_26090 (for security reasons around the holidays). But now it would be nice to see some progress from the Arlo team on this issue.

It has obviously been acknowledge by you now (excellent timing now around the holidays, right). Sorry for the sarcasm.

But to the point, from what I can see in this tread it has been tested on several Android devices, from my side we can confirm that it's not working correctly on a Samsung Galaxy S6, S8+ as well as my main device a Galaxy S10e with Android 10 (so we can also not rule it down to a specific Android version).

Regarding iOS, sorry but this is and will be an Apple free home so I couldn't say.

What I am a bit puzzled about is that this update also included layout changes such as "download" now being called "saved" and etc. Could you please explain why this was not mentioned in the "What's new" section of the app in the Google play store?

Furthermore you also released a new version 2.12.2_27010 where you state "Resolves a crash affecting some users."

While this thread is still about issues in version 2.12.1_27005. Can we expect a similar explanation once this issue has also been resolved?

wazkaren1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this issue as well with the wrong video playing in the app.   Running on a Google Pixel XL (1st generation)

SeanSh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have also been having this issue for about a month. It started on one of my phones and later spread to my other, likely because of a difference in when the app was updated on each. I have one camera set to detect motion and then record on that camera and another one. No matter which one I try to play the video for, it plays the one not detecting the motion. This occurs whether the motion detecting camera is plugged in or not.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Android 9
Kernel 4.4.153-16532563
Arlo app 2.12.2_27010

Samsung Galaxy 9
Android 9
Kernel 4.9.112-17018887
Arlo app 2.12.2_27010
SeanSh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, here's a new development. If I tap on the video for the first camera, it shows the video for the second camera, and if I tap on the video for the second camera, it shows the video for the second camera, but if I tap on the video before or after the one for the first camera and then swipe over to the next video while in the player, I can get to and watch the video for the first camera.
ph700
Star
Star

So this afternoon I get an email updating my case, asking if I've been able to try logging in with an "ios device". I'd already answered that question in the earlier email dialog.

Also asking if the same error occurs with the web login - the answer is no, that works correctly.

I tried to click the "Update Case" button in the email but it brings up a web page and an error message:

"There was an error processing your request. Please contact with Arlo Support"

How might I do that other than clicking that button or opening a new case?

Frustrated.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Customerservice@arlo.com
Put your case number in the subject line
ph700
Star
Star

Thank you!