Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since the last update (V2.5.0.885_21333 dated 05/15/18), the small icon on the lower left of thumbnails, that shows the time of the last recording is missing. It returns only if I refresh the page, and sometimes it takes several tries.
Seems like with each new update, something new is broken...

time missing.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
aloeignut
Tutor
Tutor
I’m not even getting notifications regularly since the new update. Not showing up on the icon regularly that there is anything in the library although when I go to the library the recordings may be there.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Since you say "It returns only if I refresh the page", are you talking about the website? If so, what browser are you using? I have the time showing using IE11 and Edge.

However you did mention the version number, so if you're talking about the app, your version number doesn't match mine so I assume you're on iOS (iPhone). The iOS app seems buggy at best from reading the posts in here from iPhone users. Seems to be working fine on Android 8.0.0.

My guess is Arlo doesn't have a dedicated iOS developer, they just have their android developer also code an iOS app. (many companies operate like this since android has a bigger market share) If that's the case since iOS apps are written in Objective C language which is different from Java or C++ which android apps are written in, then there is always going to be a bugs in the iOS app. I'm just speculating here, but either way, hopefully they straighten out that iOS app soon.

You could always restart your phone and/or reinstall the app to see if it fixes the issue.

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm running Chrome browser on my desktop PC running Windows 10 64-bit.
My phone app (Android) is working fine.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Give Edge a try. Make sure to turn on flash in Edge for that website as well. To do that, click the Lock icon in the address bar and choose allow flash. If it works fine in Edge then you know something changed to make chrome not work right. I don't use chrome but maybe try clearing cache or maybe someone who uses chrome can confirm if they have the same issue as well.

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

The fact that this issue began with this latest update suggests that my browser isn't the problem.
Besides it happens across multiple OS's and multiple machines.
And thanks, but I wouldn't use a Microsoft browser on a bet.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ya cause google stealing your personal data for financial gain is a much better choice (there privacy policy even says they do). Sorry but I hate google. If regular people outside IT knew what google does....... anyway I digress. Trying another browser is a troubleshooting step. I never said it was chrome I meant they may have changed something on the website that makes it not work correctly with chrome. Trying another browser would help in determining that. Chrome is probably fine, but if they changed some code on the website it could have affected viewing the page in chrome. If you can determine that a change on the website affected chrome maybe you can get James C to escalate to the Arlo engineers.

Working fine for me on Edge, IE11, and Firefox.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I am also using Chrome on PC and have the same issue when I first open the browser there is no time stamp, if I go to library and back it will sometimes return or I need to do a refresh. My android devices are showing timestamp but are glitchy with my schedule.

Nichols55
Star
Star

I have the same issue with the time stamp.  Star/jam436 is correct, with each new update, something new is broken.  I shouldn't have to be a computer expert to enjoy these cameras.