Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues with Camera/Battery

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drudownz
Follower
Follower
Searching for help on this issue, any/all help would be very much appreciated.

Long story short, I have three cameras. The one that gets the most traffic is my driveway which is the one I am inquiring help .. camera battery was low so I went to grab it down to charge. I put it on the charger left it for a few hours and realized It wasn’t charging! Well I thought maybe the battery was bad so now I bought new battery, which I received today and now this battery still won’t work. So now I am thinking it’s my camera because it will not turn on at all or syne or anything. Absolutely frustrating!! Anyone else had Thais happen? Again would really appreciate any help here thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Take a battery out of  one of the other two cameras that works. Then you know the battery is OK. Put it in the camera that is having issues. Watch the front of the camera and see what the LED does. It should blink slowly in blue and then after a while start flashing quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Take a battery out of  one of the other two cameras that works. Then you know the battery is OK. Put it in the camera that is having issues. Watch the front of the camera and see what the LED does. It should blink slowly in blue and then after a while start flashing quickly

Klemeci
Initiate
Initiate
I've had the same problems with my 3 camera set of Arlo Pro. It's frustrating troubleshooting these issues, it's been multiple cameras, multiple batteries and multiple cords. I haven't isolated the issue to a single camera, cord or battery... One set of cords manufactured by Netgear was recalled, so I did return that and I did have a problem with that cord not charging my battery. I have two others however which weren't recalled having the same issue. I bring the camera inside, charge using the same cord & battery, and it charges. I take it back outside, and it stops charging. I've come to the conclusion that these are very touchy / hands-on cameras. I was hoping for more maintenance-free. One of mine was not working out-of-the-box, I had to return it to Netgear (at my expense) for a replacement but my set is only 62 days old. If I'm having this much trouble, and reading so many charging and battery issues. I'm thinking cut bait and run..
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Klemeci,

What are you using to charge the camera outdoors?