Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro battery life in low activity area

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SeanDavid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any solutions for issues with low battery life for Arlo Pro in low activity area? I'm using a rechargable battery that was 100%, and withing ~60 hours now calling for charge.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Obv, something isn't right... my low usage Pro pack is sitting at 72% after almost 2 months

Normal procedure is

1) swap the battery with another to see if the issue follows battry pack

2) swap cam location with another to see if drain follows or is it location

Do you charge the battery in the camera or in a charge tube ?? Makes a diff ( tho not that much ) as a cam charge is really 80% while a tube is a real 100%

Sounds like you need to contact Netgear support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is the camera really far away from the base station?

One camera covering one side of my house lasted for about 7 months before I got in and charged it. It pretty much triggers 0-2 times per day.

Also, has the temperature dropped away a lot in your area? 

SeanDavid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - I did charge in camera, not tube. It's a replacement battery i bought alaong with tube, I'll try that. Just disappointing, when the cameras/batteries 3.7V for standard Arlo cameras have lasted much longer.

I'll try the tube and go from there.

Sean

SeanDavid
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's just as far from base station as others. Yes, temp dropped from 30-40 to 15-25, however standard Arlo cameras with 3.7V batteries not affected.

Sean

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While charging in the tube does help life in camera, that kind of drop isn't normal. Swap batteries around to see if it's the battery or the camera.