Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with Arlo in web browser

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
randomLee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have used Google Chrome to access the Arlo web portal since I got it about 4 years ago. Recently, all the icons (charging/battery status, live recording, motion detected, etc) are all wrong. One camera, which I've verified as fully charged several times via the app, is constantly greyed out with a no battery warning, even as it records and generates thumbnails behind the grey-out. None of these issues are present in incognito mode. I've cleared my cache & reset router/modem/base station several times, and even tried removing and re-adding the greyed out camera with no success. Please advise.

23 REPLIES 23
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different browser and/or computer. Is everything up to date (browser and OS)?

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I have been dealing with this for over a month now. Talked to Arlo chat 2 or 3 times, and all the forum says is use the phone app and they should be correct. Well, I do not see why we have to go mobile as they should fix the issue for browsers. On Edge, they showed different battery levels but neither was correct. I have had 2 cams at 100% for 3 days now with lots of recordings (set at over a minute) and they have not changed levels.

They see the problem but refuse to fix it. I hand them money every month.

randomLee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciate the advice, but using a different browser/computer for this would completely defeat the purpose of looking for a fix for this issue. As I said, I can always use the app to accurately check battery levels; the point is that I'd like to use the web portal on my main computer with my preferred browser while I work. Both OS and browser are up to date and I've also tried disabling all chrome addons; I build high-end gaming computers as a side business and have experience as a software QA tester, so I'm more than technically proficient enough to check all the basic boxes. 

My knowledge of computers does not extend to web coding, but the facts that 1) it worked fine for 4+ years and 2) incognito mode fixes not just this but many other web issues suggests that the problem is on Arlo's end, and that they can offer some insight into this that we as end-users simply don't have. I spent about 15 minutes searching the forum but could not find a fix, so the secondary hope is that there is a fix buried somewhere that someone can point me to. Barring either of these outcomes, maybe my addition to the litany of similar complaints will push Arlo to address it. 

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

In another thread, they say they fixed it for the app and leave it at that  (even though we were not having issues with the app we do not use) Never a fix for this. I have turned off one camera in settings and removed the battery when I brought it back indoors, and it now says it cannot record as battery is too low and it does not even say that it is turned off! So tiring........

randomLee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting, it was about a month ago that this issue popped up for me, too. That suggests even more that it the problem lies on their end. And yeah, its frustrating because I went with the Arlo brand because I like Netgear, and I expected the same level of technical support. To their credit, I've had no issues for years and loved the system, but this is disappointing. At least its more of a software annoyance than an actual problem with the hardware or something.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I just accidently discovered that if you log in, go to settings, go to Support, go to the one that is NOT the community, then go to Sign In in upper right and choose 'my arlo dashboard', that it will take you to the sign in pages again...sign on to both of those...when you do, all the cameras show accurate battery levels. I signed out of that and since it signed me out on my first tab, re-signed in on my bookmark of dashboard and the levels were right. Granted you would have to do this roundabout way every time to get accurate readings, but for those of us that do not use phone app it saves a lot of guessing.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

wth...after I posted this work-around for correct battery levels..it gives me an orange banner at the top https failure etc  when I log in on arlo support page and will not show correct battery levels EVER now. If I get murdered because a battery is dead but it shows 80% on my page and in settings, ya'll should be sued. Please correct this.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

ok just went back to cameras and they all show different percentage than they were before I got on community. smh

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Did you ever get this fixed, I have the same problem

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

[delete this duplicate]

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been having this problem for the last couple of months.  The website does not show the correct values.  When the problem started, I could recharge a camera, the app would show the correct level, the website shows incorrect levels for a couple of days, then auto-corrects.  They no longer auto-correct.  They're just wrong all the time. 

I've attempted it on 3 browsers, different laptop, ipad, phone etc.  When using the browser, the numbers are incorrect.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

I am so tired of this, when I get on my PC it says my camera is on, but then I go to my phone and it says the camera is off. I just do not get it.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

No resolve for our battery readings issue on desktop (any browser). I can get more accurate levels only once in awhile by doing the roundabout I have in message 7 of this thread, other times if I stay on the library over 5 long minutes then go back to home camera screen they are accurate. We had our one camera plugged in all day and night and it never once showed it charging, nor does it show correct full levels now.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

I deleted my arlo from my desktop computer. my tablet and phone are all I use now for the cameras and so far they both the same readings

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC 

Thank you.  I've found that it's not just after a charge.  I just got an email saying one of my cameras was low battery.  I looked at the webpage: 30%.  I looked at the app, 13%.  The camera hasn't been recharged for weeks, so it's a bigger issue than just after a recharge.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Have had one camera unplugged from charge for 2 days and it still shows it is plugged in and charging...another 2 cams still show we have audio sensor on when we turned that off 3 days ago...plus all the battery levels are wrong on all 5 cameras. GET THIS FIXED PPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ksss11 wrote:

Have had one camera unplugged from charge for 2 days and it still shows it is plugged in and charging...another 2 cams still show we have audio sensor on when we turned that off 3 days ago...plus all the battery levels are wrong on all 5 cameras. GET THIS FIXED PPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!

Does using an incognito/private browsing window give you the correct status?

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

We do not know how to do that and shouldn't have to after all of the years with Arlo when it worked just fine. If they can screw it up with the 'updates', they can change it back so the system works for pc only users that pay every month for their products/services.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ksss11 wrote:

shouldn't have to after all of the years with Arlo when it worked just fine. If they can screw it up with the 'updates', they can change it back so the system works for pc only users that pay every month for their products/services.

This is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo. 

No problem for me if you don't want to try anything.  But others here are looking for fixes (or at least work-arounds) and it's sometimes hard to tell when someone wants help or if they just want to vent.

@ksss11 wrote:

We do not know how to do that 

For the benefit of other readers: Usually this issue can be corrected by clearing the browser cache and cookies for my.arlo.com. Logging into an incognito/private window results in the browser not using the cache or cookies, so it is a useful quick test.  There are some more advanced browser settings you can make to automatically clear the cookies as a work-around while Arlo is working on the problem.  Or just use incognito mode for now.

With Chrome, you just click on the three dots on the top right of the browser.

chrome-icognito.png

The same with Edge:

Edge-inprivate.png

FireFox and Safari have similar controls.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Tried Chrome incognito and battery levels are correct. Yay! However, we have one camera that is not set to Audio sensitivity to record, but it is going off for Audio (darned crickets) almost every minute. I have unchecked the Audio box and clicked Save four times, but it still triggers with audio instead of only motion as the rule is set. Any ideas? Seems when we change our rule to no audio recordings, it does not accept the change and keeps on recording for audio and for the motion rule.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ksss11 wrote:

Tried Chrome incognito and battery levels are correct. Yay! However, we have one camera that is not set to Audio sensitivity to record, but it is going off for Audio (darned crickets) almost every minute. I have unchecked the Audio box and clicked Save four times, but it still triggers with audio instead of only motion as the rule is set. Any ideas? Seems when we change our rule to no audio recordings, it does not accept the change and keeps on recording for audio and for the motion rule.

What camera model?

Do you have Smoke/CO detection enabled for the problem camera?

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

They are just Pro or Pro 2 cameras. As of overnight/today the Audio/no Audio problem is okay. None have done anything we didn't want them to. System is working as rules are set. Might have solved it when I used incog window? Thank you