Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a new security mount available now?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I currently have two of my camera's mounted with the optional screw type security mounts but I've noticed that on online Arlo Pro advertisement's they show a newer type mount that has a white butterfly type screw attached. Has anyone else noticed this or heard if there available?

Not sure why Arlo would show them on it's ad's without having them for sale. (ok, stupid question!)

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drake3287,

Could you link an example of the mount you are referring to?

JamesC

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I wish I had one. Everytime I get pop-up ad's online from Arlo it show's the Arlo Pro Camera mounted on a newer version of the screw on mount but this one has a white butterfly nut to tighten to the camera. A much better design then the current one's offered.

SteveWhite
Apprentice
Apprentice
My 4 camera kit shipped with one matching that description. Also, purchased 3 more from my local Best Buy too. Seems they're out there now.
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Interesting they don't show it available on this site or even have a picture. I'll check out Best Buy.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I noticed something was different from a outside mount i bought a week ago at bestbuy. In my head, something was different from the one that came with my set and another one I bought at bestbuy. I could have swore the mounting nut/twist device was different, but was too lazy to confirm. I'm starting to think I was not crazy now, LOL.

bibik
Apprentice
Apprentice

manofice wrote:

I noticed something was different from a outside mount i bought a week ago at bestbuy. In my head, something was different from the one that came with my set and another one I bought at bestbuy. I could have swore the mounting nut/twist device was different, but was too lazy to confirm. I'm starting to think I was not crazy now, LOL.

Hello Manofice,

Is the tightening nut on the Best Buy version this style:

OutdoorMount02.jpg

or this style:

OtherMount.jpg

If it is like the first picture, did the picture on the box accurately match the actual item, or did it show something different (like below)?

OtherMountBox.jpg