Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor
If I buy two 5 camera systems and use the same Arlo account, will I get free cloud for the two 5-camera systems, or would they need to be on different Arlo accounts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are kits, likely the one that you have, that directly support 6 cameras on the free account.  Did you try installing it using the model ID?  That would activate all cameras in your account. No false advertising.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

different accounts... OR you can upgrade your servcice level and get more rolling storage days with all cameras.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor

TomMac wrote:

different accounts... OR you can upgrade your servcice level and get more rolling storage days with all cameras.

Thanks, that's unfortunate after spending $600. This was a great product until learning this information that is not on the Arlo site. Particularly with so many options for free, professionally installed hardware when subscribing to other plans.

Does anyone know whether its possible to link two accounts on the app? For example, if my wife had a separate base and camera set on her account, would she be able to see my separate base and cameras that I have granted her permission to (and vice versa)?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That is possible using the GRANT ACCESS in settings

Morse is faster than texting!
Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor

This is a shame, I've recently bought set: Basestation + 6 cameras. On the box it cleraly states (without any small print): Free 7 days cloud storage. Only when setting up you're informed this is only for 5 cameras. False advertising? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are kits, likely the one that you have, that directly support 6 cameras on the free account.  Did you try installing it using the model ID?  That would activate all cameras in your account. No false advertising.

Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor

Haven't tried yet - 2 cameras are still charging, and I'm stuck with "firmware unable to download" problem. Will update when I have everything working and let you know. If it will indeed work then that's great news, though I was made believe by Netgear that it will not be the case (I wish I was alway wrong like that).

Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor
I had not thought about he bigger configurations where they exceed 5 cameras. What do you mean by "kits"? Understood that 6 cameras can actually be connected, but will he get free cloud for the 6 cameras?

If yes, then great, but why does Arlo state that it's only up to 5 cameras?

If no, then why is it being advertised that way?

I would want to encourage Arlo to post clearly what the policy is. We should not have to go to a forum to find out the details of cloud policy.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been stated here that the specific 6 camera sets are supported under the free plan. I suspect that the box also says this but I haven't seen one. If you don't buy the specific package that has 6 cameras in it you will always be limited to 5 cameras for the free plan.

Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you jguerdat.. Where did you come by this information? Is there a place where we can go to find a comprehensive statement on policies for the free cloud? Hiding this information is not going to get many people to buy the subscriptions (not worth it). I want to know how to hook up as many cameras as I can without purchasing a cloud subscription. For me it's a better deal to pay more and get two bases with systems than to pay $10 per month indefinitely..
Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor
It just seems like the rules are being made up as we go along.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

TomMac just responded to another post of yours with much of this information. I'll just refer you to that post.

Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks but I don't see it. The question I have is whether there is any comprehensive written policy on the free cloud so that there are no gotchas later (requiring a paid subscription). It's very sketchy that we have to post questions in order to get an answer in something that is important policy info, rather than a technical issue. The appearance is that rules get made up as they are asked. How did you guys get this info?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's all in the FAQs and documentation on this site in the Support area. I don't believe the 6 camera system is addressed since it's a special product with supporting documentation inside.

Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks. It doesn't answer any of the questions I've asked here as far as I could tell. That's the first place I went.
Streak2
Master Master
Master
Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor
Jguerdat - The box only states "free cloud" without any details, and when registering Basestation you're given info that free cloud is up to 5 cameras.
Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor
Jguerdat - "supporting information inside" is a leaflet on quick setup. That's it.