Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Keithw8750
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both cameras working fine for 2 years now, however i now an getting intermittent sound on both cameras similar to a morse code noise, very annoying, have all required internet speeds

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like some form of interference....

Tho there was a sound bug a while back, it was fixed by either a FW or hardware change.... have you put in a note to Arlo Support?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Keithw8750,

To add on, have you tried any trouble shooting steps with the cameras and base station?

Crbjr62
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue...... sound is very choppy but only on the live view. My recordings are fine. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Crbjr62,

Is this a new issue or intermittent? What speeds do you get from your ISP?

Crbjr62
Tutor
Tutor

Newer issues

20 mbps internet service.

Had these cameras up for over a year..... never had this issue before. 

Keithw8750
Aspirant
Aspirant
Its a new problem which only affects live feeds, recorded videos are fine, i have 36 meg download and 10 upload speeds, it is however impossible to use the 2 way talk function due to interruptions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it always in one direction, that is, from you to the camera or vice versa or is it bidirectional?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Degraded video quality, choppy video, and/or choppy sound has been reported in the Arlo Beta program by myself and several others. We provided samples and now a bug incident has been opened with the Arlo devs. So they are now aware and agree something isn't right. Hopefully they straighten it out soon.