Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Installed most recent app update and stuck on Getting Status mode. Tried reinstalling.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kat-D
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed the most recent app update. What a joke Arlo, as per usual!! Cameras are now stuck in getting status mode. Tried resetting the base, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, NOTHING works! Your customer service folks are non-responsive. To the community forum I come, maybe the community can help out a fellow consumer. Can anyone recommend a solution? It’s clear that I will get no resolve to this from Arlo themselves! Will never recommend this system to anyone. Nothing but issues from day 1!!! 😞

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to assist me!
Kat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kat-D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Jessica. I am a user that was granted access by another family member. I am using an iPhone XS for the app. This started after downloading the most recent Arlo update. It is only occurring in the app. The person who granted me access has the same phone and downloaded the update with no issues. My suspicion is this is happening to users that downloaded the app update and have granted access by the camera system owners.

Update: not sure this will provide a longer term fix, however I completely removed the devices from the app. I then uninstalled the app again, reinstalled the app, and had the owner give me access once again. This seemed to resolve the issue. Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kat-D,

Could you clarify if you're having this problem as a grant access user or as the main account holder? What phone device are you using? And is this happening on the web client on your computer?

Kat-D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Jessica. I am a user that was granted access by another family member. I am using an iPhone XS for the app. This started after downloading the most recent Arlo update. It is only occurring in the app. The person who granted me access has the same phone and downloaded the update with no issues. My suspicion is this is happening to users that downloaded the app update and have granted access by the camera system owners.

Update: not sure this will provide a longer term fix, however I completely removed the devices from the app. I then uninstalled the app again, reinstalled the app, and had the owner give me access once again. This seemed to resolve the issue. Thank you!