Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shammy
Star
Star

Why does my camera night infrared come on when I have the camera set to off?

1,152 REPLIES 1,152
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mine did that at first. Once i rebooted base it went back to normal.
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anyone having trouble with push notifications with new firmware?

My pros are triggering on motion and sending emails but not providing push notifications. Using iPhone and push enabled. Actually getting push notifications from Arlo Q but not pros since firmware updated today?
Manole831
Apprentice
Apprentice
Now I’m having an issue where the system disarms mysteriously on its own after some time. Anyone else having this issue since the firmware?
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Oh boy here we go again. I have had the new firmware for a week i did the trial. No issues for me
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep! Looks like it pushes notification when person detected but not when motion detected. Guess the new smart is toooooo smart. Both person and motion send email but only person pushes notification. Great they decided to change functionality after purchase. Hey Arlo, I want push notification with motion when I have it selected!!!!! Anyone else seeing this issue?
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have the smart too and canoot even filter my notifications from the phone app. I have android. Only on the web is there a spot to change from people/other.
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep. Can't specify from iPhone but set via web to notify for motion and people. Guess Arlo decided to only push when person. More of the same stuff ...
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I saw that Smart option there on the web. I just ignored that thing.. I already knew that's trouble right there waiting.. for now at least.... Right now, I'm still getting all the notifications...

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep. From web it looks simple. Choose to only trigger for person or both person and motion.

Unfortunately does not function that way. Only pushes for person, emails for both.

Arlo Q currently always pushes if snapshot set even when push is not set.

So I get push notifications from Q when set to off and don't get push notifications for Pro when set to on.

Go figure .... the adults are not in charge yet!!!!!
ustgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo...Arlo...Arlo

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I am now having push notification issues. Sometimes it notifies me sometimes not. It still records if it doesn't notify me but whats the point if im away and someone is pounding on my door and i dont get notified.. I walked in front of camera several times and about 50% of the time it would notify me. I was thinking something was wrong with the motion detection at first but its recording just not alerting my phone every time
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
I always get video and always get email. It is the push notification that's hit and miss for motion.

Are u using smart?
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Not an issue here.. I'm getting too much notification coming from wind, sun and occasional loud noise.. lol.. All good, I know it's working... 

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Im using smart. Set for people only. It seems better now but this morning my wife came home walked up to our door and nothing. It recorded her but no notification
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

When I turn off live I can still hear the audio running. I have to reboot the  base from a computer. It won't reboot from my smartphone when I go live. How do I fix this piece of crap?

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Seen multiple times using iPhone. When it happens a force the app closed by up swiping and audio turns off. When I re enter app back to normal.
Bob_B
Star
Star

What is this "smart" option? I've had my arlo pro for seven months and thought I knew the software interface, but never heard of this feature. Please explain.

Bob_B
Star
Star

Yes, I've had this problem too. Sometimes the cam catches a cat, but at other times it misses an adult human. It appears to be random, but what a _bug_!

Bob_B
Star
Star

Re: New firmware

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but my cam has drained its battery to 50% in two days after the new firmware was installed. That's approximately the same as before the firmware that was supposed to fix the May 15 problem.

I have a suggestion for the developers: add a battery charge tracking feature as a graph (charge held v time). Every smartphone has one. Surely its a simple implementation, and it would save a lot of time when talking about battery drainage in this and other forums.

megatec45
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since the latest update my camera sensitivity has changed dramatically. I have my 2 outside cameras moved up to 95% sensitivity and now it misses cars, trucks, and people. Sometimes it does most of the time it misses motion unless you are right under the camera. I do have much better battery life, but the camera isn't capturing what it is supposed to
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks paddos your a life saver or should I say a battery saver..lol.

ustgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm stumped. A few days ago I reset my base, made sure I have the most updated firmware, changed the batteries, and reset my notifications so it would send me a text and email when my camera catches something. I tested it and it worked ONCE and has not worked since (not capturing movement and therefore not sending any notification). Battery life seems ok though. WTF is going on?

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mine did that friday. Either it would catch motion and not notify me or not catch it all. Im done fooling with these cameras so i just let it go. Yesterday it missed some notifications. My wife came home and it recorded but didnt notify me. I have arlo smart. Today it seemed to get everything and notify me. Tommorrow??? Who knows!!!
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep. Seeing same thing with battery drain/smart change. Motion not sending push notifications and camera sensitivity way down from what it was ... also delayed when person finally picked up .... just walked out the door then back in and nothing caught. But, no worries ... battery not draining as fast so all good. ... NOT!!!!

@JamesC. @DawnM

Really???? Was this issue/s not reported on field test?
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC. @DawnM

More info on notification "bug."

Tried setting smart slides either both on or just motion on and people off. When both on both person and motion sent email but only person send push notification. Camera set for both. When person slider off and only motion on, again no push notification but did get email. Soooooo .... appears latest change has an issue with sending push notification on motion when set regardless of smart setting. Using iPhone 6s.

Pls confirm you can replicate issue. Appears others on this thread are seeing same defect. Sensitivity with the battery firmware is noticeably lower as well.

One step forward and two back with every release.