Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I suddenly get the incompatible charger error on all my four cameras. Using the original charger and original short cable. All cameras work with the same charger + cable without the battery. Have tried removing batteries multiple times, reconnecting 10+ times. Every time the same error. And all of these cameras have been indoors, so humidity shouldn't be an issue.

It seems unlikely this is a hardware issue, seems more like a firmware update has caused the problem. Anyone else having the same problem?

Firmware used 1.092.0.28_56_991, hardware H8. All four cameras are connected to Arlo Ultra base station, my Ultra cameras still work as expected, the issue is just with older Pros.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different charger that has both 5v and 9v outputs.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

It's not a charger issue. I tried to take the base station offline and as soon as it's shut down cameras started charging. After two cameras were charged and the base station was again up third one again refused to charge. And as soon as I again shut down the base station the third one started to charge.

I still think Arlo has changed something in the firmware recently that that blocks their own charger as long as the cameras are connected. This wasn't an issue when I last charged them a few months ago.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If that was true (firmware change) there would be a lot more posts about it.