Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing error - defined location more than 32 characters. Any way to overrule this?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sloks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm trying to set up geofencing and I'm constantly receiving error that there must be only 32 characters.

My address, togeather with postal code, City and Country is more than 32 characters.

Considering that only postal code, city and country (1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia) takes 22 characters I am left with only 10 which is not possible anywhere in the whole country. And the app itself does not allow to define the address any shorter (e.i. without postal code,..)

Is there a way to overrule this? Can I define location based on longitude and latitude?

Thanks for the answer,

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't you move the pointer on the map to your location?

Sloks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I can, but that location is longer than 32 characters.

Unless it is not an issue of locations name and error is present due to some other unknown issue.

I have seen that there was a thread about this issue of "error of max. 32 characters" but non of the solutions worked for me.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting. My location is >40 characters and I have no problem setting it. In the US but I don't see why that would make a difference. 

Guess the best thing would be to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.