Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Location Name edit fails with error Invalid location address for supportind directDispatch feature

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
BenSlow
Initiate
Initiate

I just installed a doorbell on my account-accepted the default location name as 'home' . I added a family member to view the camera. His account now has two 'home' locations. I want to change the name of the doorbell location to 'Our Home' to differentiate it from his accounts 'home'  I followed the instructions at https://kb.arlo.com/000062826/How-do-I-create-delete-or-edit-a-Location-in-Arlo-Secure-App-4-0

Editing the location name fails with the error:  Invalid location address for supporting directDispatch feature.  I tried editing the name on the pc and on my android devices. I tried adding my address. Both methods fail with the same error.  I do not have a paid plan - do not care about e911.... I just want to change the name of my location and cannot get past this error to have the save button actually save the edited location name.  Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenSlow
Initiate
Initiate

Resolved....tried on the android again- Added my address and this time accepted the address from a dropdown after typing some of it.   The address was accepted.  NOTE - trying this from my pc -accepting the drop down selection always added a comma after the numbers in the address before the street name.  This always failed.  From my phone- the comma was not added and allowed saving the address. Then the location field became editable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BenSlow
Initiate
Initiate

Resolved....tried on the android again- Added my address and this time accepted the address from a dropdown after typing some of it.   The address was accepted.  NOTE - trying this from my pc -accepting the drop down selection always added a comma after the numbers in the address before the street name.  This always failed.  From my phone- the comma was not added and allowed saving the address. Then the location field became editable.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation