Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
BenSlow
Initiate
Initiate

I just installed a doorbell on my account-accepted the default location name as 'home' . I added a family member to view the camera. His account now has two 'home' locations. I want to change the name of the doorbell location to 'Our Home' to differentiate it from his accounts 'home'  I followed the instructions at https://kb.arlo.com/000062826/How-do-I-create-delete-or-edit-a-Location-in-Arlo-Secure-App-4-0

Editing the location name fails with the error:  Invalid location address for supporting directDispatch feature.  I tried editing the name on the pc and on my android devices. I tried adding my address. Both methods fail with the same error.  I do not have a paid plan - do not care about e911.... I just want to change the name of my location and cannot get past this error to have the save button actually save the edited location name.  Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenSlow
Initiate
Initiate

Resolved....tried on the android again- Added my address and this time accepted the address from a dropdown after typing some of it.   The address was accepted.  NOTE - trying this from my pc -accepting the drop down selection always added a comma after the numbers in the address before the street name.  This always failed.  From my phone- the comma was not added and allowed saving the address. Then the location field became editable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BenSlow
Initiate
Initiate

Resolved....tried on the android again- Added my address and this time accepted the address from a dropdown after typing some of it.   The address was accepted.  NOTE - trying this from my pc -accepting the drop down selection always added a comma after the numbers in the address before the street name.  This always failed.  From my phone- the comma was not added and allowed saving the address. Then the location field became editable.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation