Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
seanxushen
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my Arlo pro is facing a busy street. The battery will drain in about a week. I try to connect through a power source, so I dont need worry about the battery again. But I have got the Incompatible charger error and the battery won't charge. It was connected through a 3rd party long cable (made for arlo) and original Arlo pro charger which came with the box. I then took the camera indoor and tried with the original cable, same error..

I then took off the battery, and now the camera shows it connected to a power source with a plug sign, and working fine. But I don't like it, as I like the battery for power outage..

9 REPLIES 9
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@seanxushen wrote:

But I don't like it, as I like the battery for power outage..

Does everything else on your network have something to protect it from power cuts?

Your router and hub will also need power to be of any use.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
seanxushen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I have UPS at base and Router. But put a UPS at garage just for that is just too much for me.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@seanxushen wrote:

I then took off the battery, and now the camera shows it connected to a power source with a plug sign, and working fine. But I don't like it, as I like the battery for power outage..

There is always some voltage drop in the cables, and it is generally more with the extra-long cables.  I'm thinking that the charging circuitry isn't seeing quite enough voltage, that but there is enough to power the camera.

Not sure what you can do, other than try a different charger (or just live with the error message).

seanxushen
Aspirant
Aspirant
What ever my actual situation is, There is no reason , original charger and original short cable says incompatible charger and not charging.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@seanxushen wrote:
 original charger and original short cable says incompatible charger and not charging.

Perhaps contact support on that.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JenEricRal
Tutor
Tutor
We ended up buying a 3rd party battery charger when we no longer could get batteries to charge in SIX cameras and with three chargers. Pretty sure there is something in the cameras, themselves, that fail. I tried every solution I could find. It is a common problem with the Arli Pros. We have had zero issues since purchasing the external battery charger.
seanxushen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you let me which charger that you bought? I tried few nothing works,

JenEricRal
Tutor
Tutor
UMTELE Fast Charging Station
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Since I get too much activity on my cams, I use Wasserstein 25ft. cable weather proof with Arlo's original power Adapter running through inside our property and connect to a smart plug. It's been working for me and have not touched my cameras to charge battery (Only reset a couple of times).. Yes, I do get the incompatible error once in awhile but because of smart plug am able to turn off/on remotely and most of the time it fixes it and charges the battery no problem.. Unfortunately with this system you'll just have to experiment a bit-(coz' even Arlo's original cable/Pwr-Adapter gives error too) and find yourself a working cable and power adapter and get yourself a smart plug to control.. Goodluck...