Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
yvonneft
Follower
Follower

Trying to charge Arlo Pro using the AC adapter and camera power adaptor cable that came with the cameras.  AC adapter says model AD2085320 on it. Keep getting error message that incompatible charger.  We originally charged all three cameras with this adaptor and cable with no issue.

17 REPLIES 17
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you tried removing the battery, reinserting the battery, waiting for the camera to reconnect to the base and then inserting the charger cable?

Zyx007
Initiate
Initiate
I have exactly the same issue. Using original charger and battery but getting incompatible charger error. Took out battery and put it back in
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Zyx007

Are you still experiencing this issue? Did you contact customer support regarding this? 

I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Busydebs60
Guide
Guide
My charger saying incompatible charger. How do I get it replaced? Why isn't there a ph# to call? I absolutely hate dealing wth this online!!!
Busydebs60
Guide
Guide
I will try right now.
Thanks.. its showing a blue light instead of red. 🤞hoping its working now
Busydebs60
Guide
Guide
Is it working now?
Zyx007
Initiate
Initiate
Works off and on. You try to unplug and re-plug the connectors, and maybe one time out of ten times it may work. Basically the charger is a piece of crap
circusjan
Initiate
Initiate

battery won't charge - incompatible charger

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @circusjan

Is this the only camera with the charing issue?

Are you using the original charging cable & AC adapter?

Sarahhh
Tutor
Tutor

I'm experiencing the same issues too. Been using the original charger that came with my 2 Arlo-Pro Wireless cameras for the past 2 years, and no issues previously. 

And suddenly, I saw this message on my Arlo app: 

"Incompatible charger has been detected. Connect a compatible Arlo charger. For more info, see KB article for Charging Faults."

Same error message when I tried to charge either camera with the original charger. 

Had removed the batteries inside & re-inserted, didn't work. 

Questions:

- How can the original charger that came together with the cameras be suddenly "incompatible"?? And be incompatible out of the blue??

- I searched high and low and can't find the stated KB article at all. 

Anyone found any solution to this? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sarahhh wrote:

- How can the original charger that came together with the cameras be suddenly "incompatible"??

The charger could be failing.  If you have another microISB cable lying around, you could also test charging with that (since it might also be something with the cable).

Sarahhh
Tutor
Tutor

@StephenB I tried using another spare random microUSB charging cable - didn't work too. 

And I have realized why the original charging cable is "suddenly incompatible" with my Arlo Pro cameras. 

Arlo has come up with the new Arlo Charging Station (see attached photo), which basically means if you want to continue using your Arlo cameras bought previously, you are forced to buy the newly-marketed Arlo Charging Station. 

(Go figure 🙄...)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sarahhh wrote:

Arlo has come up with the new Arlo Charging Station (see attached photo),

FWIW, The documentation for the charging station says it can be used with your existing power adapter/cable.

page 4 here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arlopro/arlo_pro_charging_station_installgu...

Since you've tried multiple cables, multiple cameras, and multiple batteries, what's left is the charger itself.  The charger for the Pro uses 9 volts, so normal USB chargers won't work.  So I think you'll need to either need to convince Arlo support to send you a replacement (it is covered by warranty), or just purchase a new one.  US street price is about $15 at the moment.

Surg673
Initiate
Initiate
Thats horrible. I used to back arlo up in and on everything security wise. Bad reviews and comments where also defended by me but now im starting to be fed up just as everyone else has been.
Rickgabriel24
Initiate
Initiate

Spent  A whole day researching. finally got the customer service and it was hell. Had my pro for only one year use the same charger  that came with the camera  now it’s incomparable. For the price of these cameras this Has to be the worst customer service and quality.  Finding a contact support number is like finding a needle in a haystack unacceptable .

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rickgabriel24 wrote:

Had my pro for only one year use the same charger  that came with the camera  now it’s incompatable. 

Did you try a different wall outlet?   One poster found that made a difference (though of course it shouldn't).

Also, did you look at the camera USB connector, and see if there was any corrosion or crud on the connector?

BCar
Initiate
Initiate
I have had the same problem. Everything worked fine and the both cameras got the incompatible charger message at the same time. I've tried everything on this forum to no avail. I think it is intentional and deserves a class action.