Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If WiFi is down, will Arlo Pro automatically reconnect?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
edwardchung00
Aspirant
Aspirant

If our wifi breakdown when we'r at overseas ,will Arlo Pro automatic connect back or need people to reset? Can we still use Mobil Apps to restart the Modem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Your WiFi has nothing to do with how a Pro system works. Of course,vif your Internet access is down, nothing will reach anything. The system should reconnect automatically when service is restored.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Your WiFi has nothing to do with how a Pro system works. Of course,vif your Internet access is down, nothing will reach anything. The system should reconnect automatically when service is restored.
edwardchung00
Aspirant
Aspirant

if my internet access is down, will camera continue record as well? how about if my power supply is down when i at oversea?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro base will record if you have a USB device connected and configured to record.  However, you won't be able to access the videos until you return and put the drive on a computer.  As for power, power loss means the base will be off so nothing will be recorded anyplace. Buy an inexpensive (~$100) UPS/battery backup and plug the modem, router and base into it.  If you use a USB hard drive, that will need to be plugged into the UPS, too, or use a thumb drive.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

edwardchung00 wrote:

if my internet access is down, will camera continue record as well? how about if my power supply is down when i at oversea?

With the Arlo Pro... If you have installed a usb drive or mem stick into the base and set it up, if the internet goes down the videos will be recorded to the usb drive. ( max size is 2 TB )

If you power goes down then all goes to the deep six.... What many users with remote locations do is add a UPS to the base. As long as the Pro base has power, it should function and record to the usb drive....How much time you get from a UPS is dependant on the size of the unit and that vs your needs for how long it must run.( and $ )

I know one person that runs an inverter off a 12v deep cycle battery ( in his remote cabin ) via solar panels for his cabin systems so almost any needs can be met if you put thought into it

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------