Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KennyP14
Tutor
Tutor

So I have not purchased an Arlo in the past because of the motion detection delay.  I do understand that the camera can't always be active due to battery life. When powering the new Arlo Pro via the USB instead of battery, is the camera always on, this eliminating the delay when motion is detected?  With my aging Logitech Alert system, when motion recording starts, it actually also includes a few seconds BEFORE the motion is visiable in the recording...very nice.  Anyway, if the Arlo Pro camera is always on when powered by USB, thus eliminating the delay, I am IN!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Powered by usb or internal battery, Netgear claims the trigger to record evnt has been reduced to a VERY short time

( and you really can't compare the Q to Arlo as they use a different detection system...Arlo uses PIR, while the Q uses pixel change to detect )

So, I don't think the problem will be an issue... will know 100% when i get one  🙂

See statement;

Arlo Smart Home Hi Ed - Great question. The Arlo Pro camera has two passive infrared sensors and provides up to 23 feet motion sensing range with 130 degree field of view. Once the motion and sound is detected, the camera will wake up in less than 150ns time and trigger recording automatically. Thus, you will not be needing the new base station, just the Arlo Pro camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru