Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SusanCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

We use Arlo for our deli business.. Our Arlo Pro 5 camera set up works fine for my Android phone. But my son's iPhone 8 plus worked for awhile, but kept dropping access. Now we cannot get it to connect at all.
We have updated the app. We had the phone right next to the base and a camera that were running fine, being seen on my phone, but the iPhone wouldn't connect. We just get the spinning disk for both trying to set to Base or to nearby camera.
Any ideas for us?

IMG_20210906_144133.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SusanCD wrote:
 my son's iPhone 8 plus worked for awhile, but kept dropping access. Now we cannot get it to connect at all.
We have updated the app. We had the phone right next to the base and a camera that were running fine, being seen on my phone, but the iPhone wouldn't connect. We just get the spinning disk for both trying to set to Base or to nearby camera.
Any ideas for us?

Is he using the same account you are, or is he using a different account?  If he is using a different account, you might need to re-do friend access.

SusanCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, same account and I have re-invited him several times.

we have deleted the Arlo app and reinstalled it, too.

If he had an android phone no longer connected to a phone company, but still able to run wireless, would he be able to access Arlo with just a WiFi connection from home? 
I'm about to upgrade to a new Android phone. Could he use my current one as a WiFi connected phone after it is no longer a Sprint connected phone?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SusanCD wrote:

Could he use my current one as a WiFi connected phone

Yes, as far as the app is concerned - you can confirm that by running turning mobile data off on the phone.  

SusanCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any ideas on what we should try to get him connected with his iphone8 ?

we have tried totally removing the app from phone, I then send him a new invite. He reloads app.

sets a new password and logs on to try to connect.

he used to be able to get in to cameras from home on his PC, but now can’t.

we assume he has to be next to Arlo in our business to get relinked with new invite and app downloaded. But after that should be able to log in?

I am thinking to give him my log in and password and just let him use my log in. He’s my son, there is no security problem.

we are getting desperate to get him able to check in. We are in fire area in California and checking on camera that generator is running is crucial, too.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Does he have a PC he can use (potentially borrowing yours)?

If so, have him open the invite on the PC and click on the link.  That should open the PC browser.  Then try logging into the account from same browser.