Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Device does not exist

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Having an issue with 2 cameras. Both decided to have motion stay on so there have not been any recordings since early a.m. this morning. 

We brought one of the cameras in to remove, then add. HOWEVER, now our base station sync button will not work. The camera readded itself, but now we cannot go live with it as it says 'device does not exist'. So nw afraid to take down the other cam for fear it will not 'EXIST'. 

What do we do? unplug everything then plug back in? HELP PLEASE!

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Husband unplugged base from power, waited 15 mins., then plugged it back in...and everything is running great again. Thanks for the advice, but if the base button to sync wasn't doing it's normal thing, we did not want to chance not being able to re-add cameras.  Now the base functions correctly as well as all of the cameras.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fastest, and most painful, thing to do is to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, schedule, etc. to speed the rebuild.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Husband unplugged base from power, waited 15 mins., then plugged it back in...and everything is running great again. Thanks for the advice, but if the base button to sync wasn't doing it's normal thing, we did not want to chance not being able to re-add cameras.  Now the base functions correctly as well as all of the cameras.

Venicebeach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happened when I got a replacement camera for my broken one. Everything worked except live. Did what you suggested ( disconnect base and reboot it) and it worked. Much better then reloading the entire system. 

I give your husband a Guru badge.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Funny this just happened again and I got on to see if anyone used my method to solve it. Thank you for letting me know that it worked for you also. So will wait until a slow time of the day and do it again.