Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT - Arm Disarm when in geofencing mode

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JackFriday
Follower
Follower

Hi - recently the geofencing functionality has been updated for use with multiple devices, great!  I, however, use IFTTT to arm and disarm my cameras at night when I am at home, for example when I say goodnight to Alexa it arms be cameras.  In the morning at a specific time, she disarms the cameras.  The states should follow the following pattern:

1. geofence mode on
  2. I am at home so geofencing sets state to disarm ( but the mode is still geofencing)
  3. alexa sets the state to armed
  4. a timer sets the state to disarmed.

What is the outcome?  Disarmed or am I back in geofencing mode?  (I can't set the mode directly to "geofencing" through IFTTT.

Thanks, 

2 REPLIES 2
YoureThatGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, and have submitted a suggestion via the IFTTT form to have the option of enabling and disabling geofence mode.

Hopefully someone will listen, but I doubt it lol.  We also need 2FA on our accounts!!

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's not IFTTT. It is Arlo. Alexa and Google Home can only arm and disarm (though you can directly set up voice command routines involving differeent cameras and or scenarios). Arlo is not open to mode changes from these devices, other than arm or disarm command or routines that only include arm or disarm commands. At least the last time I checked. Though I have my cameras integrated with Google Home to do various things, I rarely use IFTTT with Arlo unless I want a different device to do something else when Arlo detects motion. The issue is between Arlo, Google, and Amazon.