Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Heidijay
Initiate
Initiate

I just chatted with an agent who said there is no way for me to purchase a charging cable for my Arlo Pro without buying the battery combo.  I just need the cable.  Does anyone know where I can get just the cable/

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Almost any quality cable will work. Search Amazon - there's millions to choose from.

Heidijay
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the answer however I have tried about 10 differents ones and it will not charge the camera.  Do you know what cable will work

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you referring to the actual USB cable or the charger itself? What charger are you using - the official Arlo one? There's nothing special about the cable as long as it fits fully into the connectors.  Other chargers can be used but must support Qualcomm QuickCharge, with 5v and 9v outputs.  If using the Arlo charger, it's possible that the charger is the problem, not the cable.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Your correct that not all after market USB cables support charging. Luckily when I purchased a 15 foot extension cable off Amazon it did work. I've had others that didnt work though. Not sure why this is. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not aware of USB cables that don't support charging. I am aware of those that don't support data. 

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I thought that was strange also, why would any USB cable be different? Sure enough I have two different non Arlo USB cables that won't charge or power a camera. Luckily the 15" one I purchased off Amazon worked fine.