Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enabling USB recording decrease drastically Wifi Signal strength.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Adolfo_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Yesterday I enabled USB recording on my Arlo Pro base station and suddenly all the cameras lost connection with the base.
Is there anybody that noticed the same problem ?
Nothing changed really, same distance, no more walls, but the signal of my base station was dramastically reduce.
I disconected the usb pendrive, reboot arlo pro station and everithing back to normal.

Could be a firmware problem? or it is a real problem with this cameras?

Thx

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If anything, it would be a problem with the base. However, I would try again since rebooting the base, even with the USB drive installed, might have been the issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adolfo_2,

Did you try inserting the usb device again after the reboot? Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

Adolfo_2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry for not responding early,
Really it’s something strange because all my problems started after conectt this usb to the base, and now it is like the camera s or the base lost power.. Cameras are full battery.
The system was working without problems for 3 months , and now it is working a little bit weak, what I did was moved the cameras near to the base and after 4 days all of them is still working.

There should be a device to install between the cameras and the base to use as a bridge to extend the signal .or eneble ethernet ports in the base also this will be a good solution offering to the customer to buy both solutions or only one.
It something else happen in the following days I’ll be back to post the issue.

Many thanks for your replies