Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I'm unable to log in to my Iphone6 - showing Offline

Discussion stats
  • 48 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Clemsongal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've removed the app and reinstalled and turned off and back on my base station. I can log in and see cameras when I'm on my PC.

48 REPLIES 48
reelfun038
Star
Star
Is the data server down again? Base station is saying offline.
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can't log into my Arlo Pro system either on my iPhone app. Same as the outage last week!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try force stopping the app and try again. If needed, reinstalling the app should fix things.

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat: I've logged out of the Arlo app, deleted it, rebooted the iPhone, and then reinstalled the app and logged in again but am still unable to view the cameras. Are there other suggestions?

Note that if I log into my account from the web login (https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login) the cameras work for a short period of time and I can view a live feed but it still reports the base station as offline so something is still not working correctly on the Netgear side. Do you have any informatoin or updates?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be an iOS issue and I don't have any of those to test.

Not sure why things are being reported as offline - I'm not experiencing any such problem. You can try power cycling the base just to eliminate that but if that doesn't work we'll just have to wait while whatever gets fixed.

ScooterMac
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue all day today. Web interface works on laptop, but cannot retrieve system status.
R-
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine has been out all day. I was told there was a server outage.
brh
Master
Master

@Clemsongal

Try deleting the app and reinstalling it from the app store.

Brian

Clemsongal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Already tried removing app and reinstalled app and turned off/on base station. Tried to call customer support and the support guy from overseas connected to my computer and tried to sell me security services. Very frustrating.
brh
Master
Master

@Clemsongal

The number you called was not Arlo Customer Support. That is a site trying to steal your infromation from your computer. 

To contact Arlo Customer Support see the green banner at the bottom of this page.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Clemsongal

Are you able to log into your account on a PC using a web browser?

Brian

Clemsongal
Aspirant
Aspirant
I figured that out quickly and shut off my computer and disconnected my call. The Support banner takes you back to the home page with no phone number to call. Live Chat doesn’t work either.
Clemsongal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Brian, yes. No problem logging in and able to see my cameras Live on my PC. Just my iPhone is showing cameras offline.
brh
Master
Master

@Clemsongal

I don't think you went far enough in the Support pages. The number they publish there is: (408)-638-3750. Is this the number you called? Support is probably swamped right now with calls and chats.

Try turning off your phone for a minute or so then turn it back on.

From this reply, I can't see what type of phone you are using - I think you said it was an iPhone.

Are you trying to see the system in the app or through a browser on the phone?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Clemsongal

If you are using an Android device, the app was updated last night so be sure you are updating to the current version.

Brian

WickedBoston
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same issue today.... I have IPhone 7 Plus and it’s showing everything including base station as offline. I spent over an hour on two separate calls today with their lovely support in India.... I rebooted my modem and base station myself. With no luck. They made me check the version of IOS and the arlo app which was the latest then told me to delete and reinstall. Then Logged in from computer and tried two separate browsers and cleared cache. Still no luck. At one point they even asked for my password. Definitely wasn’t doing that.... they wouldn’t provide any information to me but told me they would get back to me in 24-48 hours with more information. Pretty disappointed in the amount of time wasted today.
brh
Master
Master

@WickedBoston

If the three lights on the base station are all green, you are not offline. It appears that some iphones are reporting falsely. I am not sure if there are certain areas that aren't working yet, but my iPhone 6 is working fine in North Carolina.

Let's start with the browsers you tried. This morning I went into Google Chrome and deleted my entire browsing history which included cookies. That worked for me. Since I don't normally use Microsoft Edge or Firefox, I opened them and of course I had no browsing history to delete,so they worked fine, but I had to install Flash to see Live View..

Are you willing to try to delete your entire browsing history?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@WickedBoston

When you say you reboted the system, did you just turn off the power to the base station or did you do a factory reset witha paper clip?

Brian

WickedBoston
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have all 3 lights showing and I never use my browser so I didn’t have any history. I cleared the history on IE and Firefox and was able to see camera for brief moment then they all went back to being offline. I always use my phone and like the notifications if someone is on my property I can easily check it. I just want my phone to work with the application..
Shaun9999999
Tutor
Tutor

I got someone overseas as well and he acknowledged the outage but gave no solution. Horrible customer service. I'll definitely not be recommending these cameras any longer. 

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue here but not confined to iOS.  Will no longer work at all on Firefox on computer.  Safari shows cameras for a short time but they never connect with base station and will eventually present the connectin error message.

Spent (lost) the day with both chat and phone tech support.  Chat put me through every possible troubleshooting option to no avail.  They claimed it was an iOS problem and they were able to recreate the issue on their iPhones but could not explain the reason.  They seemed to think Safari on the computer worked fine so blamed the iPhone but it was clearly evident they just didn't wait long enough in Safari to see it fail.  They passed it up the tech line and said there would be return contact in the future.

Contact with phone support was also made later in the day but after losing another 45 Mins, the tech admitted it was a known issue and they were working on it and would call or email when fixed.  It is Midnight...no change.  And I see it appears they have not addressed in this forum either.

The base staton lights are all on and green and it is connected to the internet.  Chat tech said everything on their end was fine.  It was only after the lengthy phone call that the issue was acknowledged.

Not pleased with the lack of response and secrecy.  It was only a week ago that they had server issues at their end but claim that was fixed.  I wonder...

brh
Master
Master

@WickedBoston

Are you using ios or Android as your mobile device.

If worse comes to worse, you may have to do a factory reset to restore the system back to its original specs. If you decide to do a factory reset using the paper clip, you will need to delete all your devices and after the reset, add the base back in and then resync the cameras one at a time.

If you are using and android mobile device, there was an update last night and you should install it.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@RaylanC

The problem with calling Customer Support when we have these massive failures, is that they have not been informed about the problem and like us, they just try to solve the problems based on their training and previous problems.

Customer Service should be the second people to be made aware of the problem with an appropriate response, after the customers are informed, of course.

Brian

Shaun9999999
Tutor
Tutor

I'm right there with you. Our whole system is down. It's always fun to know that overpriced cameras have outsourced customer service to India. Good times!