Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Menten
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only use the camera's for movement warning. I have no need for dvr recording. I still love them for this, but to add another camera now I have to "upgrade". That is silly. I can add it for free using another email account and then link the camera's in the app. Hey Netgear, how about saving me the busy work and provide me an INCENTIVE to add more cameras! Just plain Silly.

I own 3  pro's and 2 Q's. It gonna cost me $10 per month if I buy a 6th Arlo???

7 REPLIES 7
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

I concur. Soon I will be in the same boat if I decide to add a 6th or 7th cam to my arsenal. At the present time I cannot justify the expense.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Why not just use a second account to add the additional cameras? You'll need a second base, too.
ysu
Luminary
Luminary

That also means you need two phones, or one phone but constantly switching back and forth with 2 accounts. And I don't think notification will work in that case -- you only get notification for the "current" account.

I might be wrong, never tried this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not at all.  Use Settings, Grant Access on one account to the other.  That way all cameras show up in one login and (mostly) can be manipulated using that single login.  There are differences between using the master account and a guest account but 90% of what you need is possible.  Just be sure to use the additional privileges selection when granting access.

ysu
Luminary
Luminary

OK guest account is an interesting idea. Last time I tried guest account it doesn't seem to be able to trigger geofencing mode switch (only owner accounts can).

Another question: what if I add 2 base stations to same account? Am I still capped at total of 5 cameras for free?

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the limit is based soley on the total number of cameras. That's where the second account can help out.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ysu,

Guest accounts can trigger Geofencing. Be sure "Allow Access Rights" is toggled on for the guest account.

JamesC