Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I talk with customer support?

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Usmcvet
Star
Star
One of my cameras has now died twice in a week. I don't view it often and it was disarmed most of the time and even when armed I don't get hardly any triggers on it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted here many times, you can use the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop web page or https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted here many times, you can use the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop web page or https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Usmcvet
Star
Star

Thanks, sounds like they should add the link on the mobile page........

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've suggested it along with other issues of the difference between the desktop and mobile versions.

arlo2112
Initiate
Initiate

team frustrated! how is it possible that they do NOT HAVE  A PHONE NUMBER!!! i reached them via chat then some tech guy called me back. i had one camera that simply could not stop recording at night.. anyway.. after 45 minutes of the longest conversation in sales history, he tried selling me a resloution to fix my entire home connectivity issue for $145.00. FYI - i am in the customer relation field and i cannot believe that i paid top dollar for this system- tried calling to fix their product- and was then in a sales pitch?? i cannot wait to return this joke of a system!!!! ARLO if you want my business- call me back and fix this !!!

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

Oddly enough it takes me 5 seconds and a single mouse click to locate the US Arlo support number.

United States contact information:

(408)-638-3750

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It helps to use the actual support here by using the Contact Support link at the bottom of these pages.  The contact you made is NOT Netgear.

arlo2112 wrote:

team frustrated! how is it possible that they do NOT HAVE  A PHONE NUMBER!!! i reached them via chat then some tech guy called me back. i had one camera that simply could not stop recording at night.. anyway.. after 45 minutes of the longest conversation in sales history, he tried selling me a resloution to fix my entire home connectivity issue for $145.00. FYI - i am in the customer relation field and i cannot believe that i paid top dollar for this system- tried calling to fix their product- and was then in a sales pitch?? i cannot wait to return this joke of a system!!!! ARLO if you want my business- call me back and fix this !!!

FishyLester
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got a new iPhone & it doesn't alert me when camera picks up motion...Why?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Because your modes aren't settled notify or the phone settings don't allow? Check your permissions and app settings for the phone.
Roxianna
Tutor
Tutor

Used the customer support link - got no where.  Just kept redirecting me back to where I started.  Not very helpful, that.

Roxianna
Tutor
Tutor

I agree - can't get help then they can take the stuff back and return my $500!!!

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

I just called the phone number I posted, and my call was answered in less than 4 miniutes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Roxianna wrote:

Used the customer support link - got no where.  Just kept redirecting me back to where I started.  Not very helpful, that.

Did you use the Contact Support link at the bottom here?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Roxianna,

Please let us know if you are still having issues contacting support using the suggested link: Arlo Support Team

You are also welcome to post your question here, we would be happy to help.

JamesC

Roxianna
Tutor
Tutor

My issue is not with the cameras - it's with the connection to the Arlo website when I am viewing recorded videos in my Library.  I only use a PC, laptop or Asus Transformer (all Windows OS) to view the videos. 

BTW No, I don't have a smart phone - I am not afflicted with a phone addiction.  I have a land line - no need to pay thousands of dollars every year on something I don't need.

Anyway, the website crashes constantly. I view 8 or 9 videos, and it crashes.  Re-log, view a few more, crash.  Re-log, view a few more, crash.  Log in,  view a few more, crash.  I was able to contact someone thru live chat who suggested I clear my browser history.  I did.  It helped for about 10 minutes, and the problem started all over again.  So, I log in, it crashes, I clear the history, log in, it crashes, I clear the history.  I  log in, it crashes ... what a waste of time.   Today I called someone in customer service who wanted me to reload the app - when I told her I don't have an app, I use a web browser she was totally clueless as to what to do.

I think my solution  will be to return the three cameras and the three adjustable mounts and get my money back. Oh, and I will be sure to warn everyone I know to avoid this product/service.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Roxianna, that type of browser behavior is very unusual. I use this on a bunch of different computers with no problem.

When you say it crashes does it just throw you back to the login page with no warning?

I assume you are going here https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login  ??

What browser are you using and have you tried a different one? On y WIndows PC's I have tested using Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer.

There can sometimes be a pugin/extension that your browser is using that could be conflicting.

You could also try starting the browser in safe mode. If it works in safe mode then it points to a plugin/extension that could be conflicting.