Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tassie01
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I set up geofencing for two additional people in the household? They are registered for admin use but I only seem to be able to use geofencing on my mobile phone. As soon as I leave the house and the cameras "arm" I immediately get motion alerts in the house regarding my wife and daughter. Am I missing something that is obvious to over come this?

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Start here BUT when you first log into the app on the other people's phones, input your own credentials first, then log out, then log in as them

https://kb.arlo.com/1096229/How-do-I-add-and-manage-multiple-mobile-devices-for-geofencing

dano9258
Aspirant
Aspirant

On a side note of this topic....what happens if someone leaves the house but others are still there? Will it arm the cameras or keep it disarmed until all geo-fenced devices are leaving?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

dano9258 wrote:

On a side note of this topic....what happens if someone leaves the house but others are still there? Will it arm the cameras or keep it disarmed until all geo-fenced devices are leaving?

It will arm when all geofenced devices leave

Tassie01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having probs with geofencing. All the phones (3) are set up and acknowledged but geofencing arms when I leave the house despite two other occupants being in the house and their phones are showing “ in zone”. Still can’t get it setup to arm when last person leaves or first person arrives if it is not me. Any suggestions appreciated.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did you do the first part where you log into the other people's phones with your credentials first? If not, try uninstall the app from their phone, restart phone, install Arlo app, log in as you, go into geofencing settings and confirm geofence area, log out, log in as them. See if that helps