Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can i tell if my VMB3500 IP Camera Base has issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DeanJenkins
Follower
Follower

I am still having issues with my vmb 3500 ip camera base unit.  My main problem is not every time when i arm my 5 cameras, they will activate.  Sometimes they do or sometimes only the same 2 will.  I can go to live mode for every camera and they work fine.  I have tested my u-verse connection speed, equipment and data port.  All of the equipment has been reset or powered off and on.  I have deleted all 5 cameras and add them back again and even remove the base unit from my app and started over.  II have reloaded the app with no improvement.  I have made sure on each camera the settings are set accordingly.  I followed a suggestion from this forum and  cleared the storage (cache) on my app which improved all of the cameras now armed and working but when testing some of them will only send alert and record one time and not alert or record again during the armed mode.  I normally have 1 camera that will work every time and the others are a hit and miss.  I have a better success if i clear the cache out everyday. I have copied the same settings from the 1 camera that works to the other 4 and still have issues.  I have done everything on my end of trouble shooting.  I am now guessing i need to purchase another VMB 3500 IP Camera Base unit unless someone else can direct me a different way.  I have not found a new base unit just used.  thanks 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're going to buy a new base I'd suggest buying a SmartHub, the VMB4540 specifically. 

It does rather sound like a base problem but it's rather weird. You can use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have any other suggestions since you've done what I would have done.