Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Auscan
Tutor
Tutor

My wife has accepted my invite and made an account but she does not get any alarm alerts. I do not know why. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Any luck?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you mean notifications. Are you meaning push or email notifications? If push, have you enabled all permissions for the ap in the phone settings?

Auscan
Tutor
Tutor

My wife did not have the app setup on her phone. I hope she will get email alerts now.

What are push notifications?

One other question or should I add a new post? My phone does not show geofencing. What are the steps to put it on it and my wife's phone?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Email notifications have nothing to do with the app - they're emails. You need to add here email address in your modes and rules for them to work.

Push notifications require the app. Never log out of the app, just background it for them to work. They are just notifications that pop up in the phone's notification bar like other notifications. Those need to be enabled in your modes and rules, too, but are global - anyone with a login to your cameras will receive them.

Geofencing is a mode you can select on the primary user's account. A user that has been granted access may need to have the additional access permissions enabled.

If unsure what any of these comments mena, you need to read the wide variety of FAQ here available in the support pages for your cameras.

Auscan
Tutor
Tutor

Geofencing is not even an option on my phone (primary user).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You are looking in the Mode tab for all modes as well as geofencing, right?

Auscan
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. Nothing under Schedule. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Any luck?

Auscan
Tutor
Tutor

I will try that. It worked!!!!! Thank you so much Guru.