Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Loe768
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, is it possible to set up multiple schedules? Not variation per camera within a schedule but entirely separate schedules that I can choose between?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't help now that you've explained your needs. This isn't the typical question posed so I had to assume you were asking what others have asked in the past.

There's no way to switch schedules. You'd have to manually manipulate things, whether it's the schedule, choosing a mode or turning cameras off or on.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only ONE schedule can run at a time....

I run multi bases tho and each base can run it's own schedule.... then split up he cameras into groups for each base.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Loe768
Tutor
Tutor

Hi. I'm not looking to run multiple schedules at the same time, nor split cameras to run on different schedules. I merely want to define two schedules in the app and be able to select between them. For example a schedule where all cameras are only on at night and a schedule where all cameras are on at night and during a few hours of the day. Current approach is changing the schedule each time which is painful....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's all about your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here on how to create and modify custom modes. Use only the cameras you need in specific modes and then schedule those modes in the scheduler to automate the process. It's not multiple schedules - it's multiple modes to be scheduled.

Loe768
Tutor
Tutor

Let's take a simple example and I assume I have only 1 camera. I want to be able to select between the two schedules below:

schedule 1: the camera is on between 6pm and 6am, every day

schedule 2: the camera is on between 6pm and 10pm, then again between 11pm and 5am, then again between 7am and 9am every day

I want to arbitrarily select between schedule 1 and schedule 2 depending upon what i'm doing. Clearly i don't want to change the schedule each time I do.

I'm aware of how to create modes. How does 'multiple modes to be scheduled' help here? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't help now that you've explained your needs. This isn't the typical question posed so I had to assume you were asking what others have asked in the past.

There's no way to switch schedules. You'd have to manually manipulate things, whether it's the schedule, choosing a mode or turning cameras off or on.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

SmartThings with its Arlo integration and a smart app called Arlo pilot (which runs in SmartThings) will accomplish what you want to do. If your thinking about getting into home automation, smart lights, sensors, locks, plugs, etc...., then look into SmartThings and open up even more customization and automation for Arlo modes.