Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ruthie888
Initiate
Initiate

I plan to use the magnetic mount that comes with the system.  It does the job.  However, there is the occasional gust of wind that I worry will blow the camera off the magnet.  It's under a patio so it is "protected," but weather can't be predictable.  It will then drop 9 feet to a concrete floor.

I assume the camera will not survive?  Will it?

If I get the gel covers, will that soften the blow?

Any other ideas you can share, short of using the screw in mount?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, be careful. After that, I dropped am original wireless camera about 6 feet onto a corner of the face onto pavement and it works fine. Prolly dumb luck but the cameras aren't fragile.

Ruthie888
Initiate
Initiate

One more question.  I'm using 3M double sided tape.  The tape is rated at 20 lbs, so I'm guessing it's strong.  The surface is "smooth" but painted.  You think I should be ok?  I'm worry about the painted part.  You think scuffing it up a bit would be enough?  I don't think I can remove all the paint of the wood, let alone make a nice circle in that process.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The big issue would be how it works in temperature extremes. While you may not want to do so, I'd prefer to use a screw. If the camera gets removed, it would be simple enough to fill the hole and repaint the area (which you'd have to do if using the tape and scuffing up the paint, too).