Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hspallek
Tutor
Tutor
I have:

• HW VersionVMB4000r3
  • Serial Number4R03777AA086E
  • Firmware1.12.0.1_27940
How do I update the firmware. I read it is automatically and not user controlled anymore. Well, that is fine, but it does not seem to work.
Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reinsert the camera battery. Reboot the base. If no good, remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and resync.

hspallek
Tutor
Tutor

Hm. I did this, but cannot see the point why power cycling one of the cameras should force an update of the base station. Anyhow, I removed and reinserted the battery in one of the cameras. Then, I started the Base, and I waited a night. Still, the base has firmware "1.12.0.1_27940" and I read here that "1.2xxxx" is out. I hope that this update will actually fix the geofencing issue (my phones get recognized, but even when all phones are in-zone, the system stays armed).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree that resetting a camera won't force an update on the base but the original thread is titled "How do I update the camera firmware?"

As it turns out, you already have the latest firmware. You can always check by looking in the Release Notes section here for what the latest version of the app and firmware are.

hspallek
Tutor
Tutor

Ah, I see, apologies. Not sure where the "camera" came from. Anyhow, the geofencing is still not working: I go to my phone and all 3 phones of the invited people are "In zone" (see screenshot), and the mode does not switch to the "Home" setting (see a screenshot taken at the same time). In other words, the devices are recognized as being present by the system, but the system does not switch from "Away" to "Home" (see screenshot). Any suggestions?   

all-in-zone.jpeg

away-mode.jpeg

armed.jpeg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@hspallek

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support