Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How Do I Record With Multiple Cameras At The Same Time?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bmbhman9656
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there going to be a software update that will allow multiple cameras to record at the same time as currently if I have motion at 2 cameras it only records and stores off one camera and misses the other.

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

That's strange. Not only do I get multiple cameras recording at the same time, I actually have rules for cameras to trigger each other to record.

Can you put both cameras next to each other on the bench and wave your hand in front of them so they both definitely get triggered at the same time?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And are you using a mode that has both cameras armed at the same time?

Bmbhman9656
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well there all on armed. I have 3 cameras in total I’m on arlo basic so I’m not paying for a subscription and I’ve been keeping on top of the updates for the firmware and app updates available. I’ve never tried taking two cameras side by side and seeing if they will pick up my motion at the same time. We just have had incidents with one of our dogs escaping to the front the other one is still in the back and it only picks up recording from one dog even with them both in view of the cameras within 10-15ft

Bmbhman9656
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I’ve never tried having the cameras beside one another to see if they both trigger which I will have to try. And see what happens. As far as the rules on the cameras I have them set to record of motion or audio is detected on all 3. Also I’ve updated to the newest software and firmware versions whenever there released for arlo pro and my subscription is only basic but I have an external USB stick to allow for more storage if needed plugged in.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do they both use the same sensitivity setting? Could it be a problem with the front camera not detecting the dog as opposed to a problem with the system not recording multiple cameras simultaneously?

Bmbhman9656
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @steve_t,

Yea there all on the same settings and still even at some points with motion at either one of the cameras it won’t pick it up ... I’m out of warranty on the system as of August 2018 so not going to bother trying to spend more $ and get another camera or complete system. Another weird thing I had till they updated the software was if my cameras battery was low I’d try and charge them and it wouldn’t take a charge ! So since they updated the software recently there all fine now can drain the battery to 10% and go to charge it ..... takes the charge now fine.. Your probably wondering how a software update could affect a camera charging its batteries but it’s all intertwined somehow obviously.